Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
I was wondering why nobody has talked about the fact that the G5 is listed as shipping with the Apple Keyboard. If it actually ships with it, that kind of sucks. Maybe they want people to purchase a pro keyboard when the new ones are made available? Another option is that the Apple Keyboard is a wired version, and that the Pro Keyboard will be wireless. This way, the computer will ship with a wired keyboar, so you'll always have one, but be encouraged to buy the pro wireless version. Just a thought. Any comments?

morlium

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2002
For what it's worth, the G5 was originally listed as shipping with the Apple Pro Keyboard, but the specs have since been revised to simply Apple Keyboard.

Pretty weak, if you ask me.

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
Originally posted by morlium
For what it's worth, the G5 was originally listed as shipping with the Apple Pro Keyboard, but the specs have since been revised to simply Apple Keyboard.

Pretty weak, if you ask me.
But then again that could be simply because, at the moment, there are no more Apple Pro Keyboards. (They are not listed on the online store, and as far as I know they were end of lifed.) So maybe they are just saying Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse for now, so as not to give away the fact there there is a new Pro Keyboard and Mouse on the way? Seems somewhat in Apple style.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Why didn't you just put your opinion IN that other thread?

Anyway, I would buy an MS keyboard and mouse no matter what, so it doesn't really affect me. ;) Two button mouse, pwetty pwease!!

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
Originally posted by Abstract
Why didn't you just put your opinion IN that other thread?
Hmm...maybe because the other thread was a poll about whether a bluetooth keyboard was practical or not. My question was an entirely different topic and thus thought it deserved an entirely different thread.

Give it up already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.