Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
This was my wedding cake today. I'm afraid to eat it, I want to just freeze it forever. Oh well.

BTW It's cinammon chocolate flavor, not apple =D

Attachments

• IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 197

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
I saw the thread title and thought, "That's something to do with Katie" (the cake bit, not the wedding bit ;) )

Nice cake by the way. I bet it was hard to explain. Many congratulations :p

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Actually I think the flower is quite un-Apple. :p

Congrats too.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Let me get this straight...you're posting at MacRumors on your wedding day!?

Mine's in two weeks...I can't imagine I'll have time to post here. But then again, I won't have an Apple logo on my cake...

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
So you put an apple logo on your wedding cake.

All I can say is wow.

Wow.

Seriously. Who are you marrying? Your wife or Apple Inc? :p

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Wow..your soon-to-be-wife must be SO nice

or a Mac fangirl
I was thinking something along those lines... I mean, hell, I'm quite tickled by a lot of Appley goods, but er, I don't see myself getting married and having an Apple-themed cake. :eek:

Let me get this straight...you're posting at MacRumors on your wedding day!?
Hehe, I was thinking that, too.

At any rate, congratulations on your wedding! :D

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
congrats on the wedding. please tell us your wife is a fan of apple.

btw, i'm a big fan of wedding cakes of the hostess variety. :)

172662_delaplane_two.jpg

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
my friend is a professional high-caliber cake designer.

That was a grooms cake, not the real wedding cake. That's later.

When you live together for 2.5 years already and have a 2 year old kid, and a private ceremony with a judge that lasts 15 minutes, it really doesn't matter what cake you have because you've already made a mockery of the entire institution of marriage. :D

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
my friend is a professional high-caliber cake designer.

Does that make fondant taste better? Because I couldn't stand the stuff when my mother was taking cake decorating classes. Although I did like getting the extra cake and pudding. :D
When you live together for 2.5 years already and have a 2 year old kid, and a private ceremony with a judge that lasts 15 minutes, it really doesn't matter what cake you have because you've already made a mockery of the entire institution of marriage. :D

I'm surprised there hasn't been an amendment proposed to prevent you from getting married. :p

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Does that make fondant taste better? Because I couldn't stand the stuff when my mother was taking cake decorating classes. Although I did like getting the extra cake and pudding. :D

Really good fondant is amazing. Anything less than really good fondant tastes and feels like crap.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
It's a nice cake, would be good for a birthday.. but for a wedding that's really a sad indication of our society's consumerist nature, the corporations are playing us so well to make us feel as though we are a part of something special.

Don't get me wrong I love Apple but at the end of the day they are a money making business no different from Nike, Microsoft, News Corp etc Your wedding cake is an edible advertisement which would put a smile on any marketers face.

But, it's a lovely looking cake, I mean no offence, and congratulations.

edit- ok I just read it's not the actual wedding cake.. well I have to admit that gives some relief to the situation :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.