Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA

Attachments

• side_f.jpg
    side_f.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 469

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
cool picture but i know its been posted b4...someone want to build me one?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Wow, that's a lot of work for a slow computer....:D

Nice though, but not exactly something for everyone.....

D

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
I guess since pyramids were tombs for the pharoahs, there will be no way of upgrading this.

I can't imagine having to wear sunglasses while using this. Those lights while cool, would drive me insane/

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
From the article:

"I'm not sure if it's beautiful or just plain hideous," said Rael Dornfest, a researcher at the tech publishing house O'Reilly & Associates, ...

I vote for hideous.

It looks like an epileptic nightmare.

nascarcm24

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2002
Santa Barbara, California
it looks cool in person

My best friend's dad made this 8th wonder of the world... If you were to ever see the craftsmanship he did and how much time he spent on it you would be speechless.. The pictures of this thing don't give it much justice either.. my friend has the computer now in his room with a dual monitor setup you can check out his webcam at http://riscx.com/cam and his personal website http://www.kentsalas.com the lights I believe can be turned off.. and it is all UV lighting..

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2002
Would you be cursed by the computer god if you opened up that computer pyramid and removed its parts?

Ok, ok, bad joke.

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
I am actually impressed with the craftsmanship that went into this. Maybe a couple more rounded corners, solid aluminum casing and some other Ive-like design features and this thing might sell (next G4 Cube .. haha). Or maybe not :D. I wonder how much this would go for on eBay? It's original and creative .. I know I would bid!

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
If I had all the money in the world I would do this to a current Mac, but because it's pointless yet cool. I would then send it to Apple repair under AppleCare- just for the giggles. Perhaps I would time it so that it arrived at the repair facility on April 1.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by medea
oh my thats horrible, why use a clear case when the inside is so ugly.

The insides are ugly? Don't tell me you've never looked inside a computer before... :(

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Originally posted by ZildjianKX
The insides are ugly? Don't tell me you've never looked inside a computer before... :(
i've seen plenty of pc innards, but the G5's are the only ones worth looking at. So neat and clean.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.