Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthew24

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
Netherlands
I have been waiting a long time for this. I took the jump and have ordered one.

If Apple talks about a digital hub, this belongs right in there. Apples slowness in this area amazes me because I think this market is huge.

zkmusa

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Dallas, TX
Wow, I've been waiting forever for this since Formac never released OS X drivers for their PCI TV tuner card...

This looks like it will be a great alternative to el gato's eyeTV, especially since it even includes a remote!

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
I have seen setups like this on PCs before. A while back I realized that the computers in one of my classes were rigged with TV tuner cards so I proceeded to rig up an antennae with paper clips so I could watch Judge Mathis. Needless to say my instructor (who I have nicknamed Dumbass) was none too happy about it. He proceeded to explain that it was vandalism and that he could send me to prison but he was just being a nice guy and let me off with a warning :rolleyes:

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
I had an old computer with a TV input.

It's like a beige version of an old iMac, it had a remote for it as well.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Saw this on Maccentral too. Looks good. Xlr8yourmac had some stuff about it last Dec. Found this on Yahoo!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,6855167~root=macdsl~mode=flat~start=0

This is what I've been searching for. It's perfect. But is it G5 compatible? The Dual 2GHz has PCI-X, which is 3.3v, but this card is 5v, PCI 2.2. G5 spec sheets says it's compatible with Universal PCI cards, but I don't want to assume. PCI-X is supposed to be backwards compatible.

Anyone know if these cards would work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.