Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zawamura

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
Sweden
I have changed the icons of my, Movies, Pictures and music folder. Is there any way to revert the changes to the old icons?

Or maybe someone could post a download of all the orignal apple-icons.

Would appreciate some help here :)

ctango

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2006
Mountains
Reset ALL icons

Is there any way to reset ALL icons though? That is good for taking out one at a time, but is there any way to reset EVERY icon?

Reactions: LinkinJunior

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
well have you used the application candy bar to change any of them? simply copying and pasting the icon in get info just pastes and icon on the original. candy bar replaces the icons in the system folder with a backup. if you used candy bay then just choose "restore icons". if you did the copy and paste method then you have to do what the 2nd post said to every icon.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
if you are using an icon-changing app (such as CandyBar), there is an option to restore all icons. as far as i know, though, there is no way to reset all custom-set icons at once; you have to use the Get Info/Delete method.

RockCell

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
Get info (command I) click on icon in top left corner, Command X should revert it to its original icon.

Thank you so much! I had Quick Dropped my desktop folder in Candybar, and the Restore Icons button couldn't revert it. Dragging a new icon onto its spot in Candybar couldn't even change it. This just fixed everything. Even the sidebar icon in Finder reverted back. Thanks again!

schmittypods

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2009
stubborn icon

I have been using candybar with great success except for the ical icon. It keeps reverting back to the standard apple icon. Anyone have any ideas, it is driving me crazy!!!

Slewis1221

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2009
I have been using candybar with great success except for the ical icon. It keeps reverting back to the standard apple icon. Anyone have any ideas, it is driving me crazy!!!

I think its because The ical icon shows the date, and therefore it changes with each day, so i guess in order for it to change, you wold need to figure out how to change every day of the year

RockCell

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008

I had this problem too. There is a second app icon called App-empty.icns that you have to replace. The App.icns only appears when the program isn't running. When iCal is running, it draws the day number on top of the App-empty.icns. It's in the resources folder right beside the App.icns.

Donaldduck08

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2010
Help!
I cant reset my icons!

I tried doing it on candybar, but it doesnt work. It tells me it's reset them but it hasnt.

I also tried the command-i and command-x thing, and that didnt work either!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.