Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Re: Europe Apple stores down,

Originally posted by astray
Something coming... i hope...

U.S. Store isn't though...

Actually it just has....

Hee hee!!

astray

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2003
uk
Im too fast for my own good, well now all the stores are down, whats coming, new PB's, will they come out b4 the Joswiak keynote.

I spent 11 minutes celebrating on iChat, thats why you beat me!

Oh ok, you win...NOT..:eek: :eek:

Ah, it's not about who posts first, it's about who'll buy me a new powerbook.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Tiauguinho
Oh yeah!! This is so exciting! Its nuts!!! I really hope that they could squeeze the G5 on the Powerbooks! Or maybe, its new Xserves!

Ok, just a little excited here?

Don't get your hopes up too much - there are a ton of things that could be presented - but it not being a Jobs keynote I think its going to be minor. I'd like to be surprised though....

D

zulgand04

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Northborough, MA
Is this normal this early in the morning, i know it usally goes down around 2-3 in the morning but, i was curious if 8 was unusall.

-Neal

ps sorry for the spelling

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Ok, just a little excited here?

D

I know DukeStreet, but this is the result of too much expectation and coffee :D We shall see what will they come up with today!

Astray: I know man, you beat me up! And you are right on one thing, its not who posts first, but the sharing of the excitement that a Store update brings to all of us. ;)

astray

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2003
uk
What gets me, is that before i got a mac a few months ago, i would never have gotten this excited by a web store going down. It really is Applemania, or the Cult of the Forbidden fruit or something.

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Originally posted by astray
What gets me, is that before i got a mac a few months ago, i would never have gotten this excited by a web store going down. It really is Applemania, or the Cult of the Forbidden fruit or something.

I completly agree with you, specially with the Cult of the Forbidden Fruit! That could be our Clan name on WarCraft 3! hehehehhe :D

But seriously, every single apple thing i own, is a object of desire! Even the old manuals of my SE/30. :D

AngryAngel

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2003
How long until Joswiak starts?

I'm hoping for new keyboard and mouse for G5, but after the ad showed the old ones, I'm not holding my breath.

astray

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2003
uk
why is it that only the us and uk stores are down?

Quite a few are down, Italy, Germany and France. Japan is still up, i havent bothered checking all the sites.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I hope it's new 'books!!!!!

God this is so pathetic--I'm sitting here at work, refreshing my browser that's open to the Apple page over and over, hoping something new will come up :)

sonofslim

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2003
you know, i've spent the past week or two saying there was no reason to believe that we'd see anything noteworthy today, but now i'm contemplating calling in sick and going down to the javits center just to hang around outside... you know, just in case.

astray, you're right, this must be a cult!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by cb911
yes!!!! this is the best sign for a couple of months!!! hope this is it! :D

A couple months? Come on, what about WWDC just last month when the G5s came out - or were you sleeping through that? It was madness around here.

Hopefully the servers handle the influx of members coming in to find out what happened....

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.