Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kalinatek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
i have my iPhone for a week now, it used to connect fine to my home wifi connection but now it doesn't... it does connect quickly and all the settings are the same ( i didn't change anything) but when i open up Safari nothing loads and when i type an address it tells me Safari cant open the page because it could not connect to the server?

hope some1 helps me!

thanks in advance guys

:confused:

PS: although the wireless signal is full in my iPhone, i dont have any IP address when i check the settings of my connection...all the fields are blank.

Kalinatek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
yeah , if it helps i have a 2.0 '17' iMac and am using a Thomson Speedtouch modem (1MB DSL connection) & the net is 100% fine.

:eek:

alljunks

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2007
it happens to me sometimes... click the Forget this Network and re-join the wireless

Kalinatek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
i entered the password again for my network and although that there is a tick next to its name , the edge sign is still up and hasn't been replaced with the blue wifi sign for some reason...

lmcintyre

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2006
I have the same problem only its only at my work. Wi-fi works great everywhere else just not at work. I figured I could just do a restore but i've been waiting for the new firmware to come out. I know as soon as I restore and put all of my suff on it an update will be released.

Kalinatek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
it's the other way round for me , its working fine in work.. but at home even if i sit an inch away from my wireless modem it will still not connect ...

:eek:

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2007
i have my iPhone for a week now, it used to connect fine to my home wifi connection but now it doesn't... it does connect quickly and all the settings are the same ( i didn't change anything) but when i open up Safari nothing loads and when i type an address it tells me Safari cant open the page because it could not connect to the server?

hope some1 helps me!

thanks in advance guys

PS: although the wireless signal is full in my iPhone, i dont have any IP address when i check the settings of my connection...all the fields are blank.

If you're not pulling an IP, I would check to see if you have any security settings such as MAC (Machine Access Control) address authentication or WEP/WPA encryption. You can get a signal lock without actually authenticating and the inability to pull an IP address from the wireless router is a strong indication of this.

Kalinatek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Thx guys, i am just using a wireless modem i dont have a router, another thing i have a normal WEP password (10 digits - only numbers) if that helps. I have also just restarted the modem, went into Airplane modem than back to normal mode..same problem it doesn't connect :(

I even also did a Renew Lease on the iPhone and my iMac..

Kalinatek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
PROBLEM SOLVED!

i just went into settings then i restarted the network settings.everything went back to normal..i think this is a bug or maybe a firmware issue in the iPhone hmm...

:rolleyes:

norton13

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2007
PROBLEM SOLVED!

i just went into settings then i restarted the network settings.everything went back to normal..i think this is a bug or maybe a firmware issue in the iPhone hmm...

:rolleyes:

Kalinatek , what exactly did you restart? I am having the exact same problem you are. Really Annoying. Can you help me?

IphoneinElk

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
I know this is a very old thread, but...

Kalinatek , what exactly did you restart? I am having the exact same problem you are. Really Annoying. Can you help me?

If you searched on Google and this is what you came up with, (Like me) here is a step by step:

(iPhone main menu) Tap "Settings"

then tap "Reset" at the very bottom of the menu.

Then tap "Reset Network Settings" it will confirm then restart.

Praughbleghm Saughlved :cool:

Bebelier

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2007
Unlocked g3 - wi-fi

If you searched on Google and this is what you came up with, (Like me) here is a step by step:

(iPhone main menu) Tap "Settings"

then tap "Reset" at the very bottom of the menu.

Then tap "Reset Network Settings" it will confirm then restart.

Praughbleghm Saughlved :cool:

Thanks this was really helpful.
Just if it helps I have an unlocked g3. - 2.2

bignold

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2009
i need help

hey everyone i need help urgently!!!
my iphone 3Gs will not connect to my home wifi, about a week ago it just stopped. i can find the wifi account but when i put in the password it say unable to connect
its the right password i have put it in a hundred bloody times but still nothing
can anyone help me???

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
hey everyone i need help urgently!!!
my iphone 3Gs will not connect to my home wifi, about a week ago it just stopped. i can find the wifi account but when i put in the password it say unable to connect
its the right password i have put it in a hundred bloody times but still nothing
can anyone help me???

3.0, 3.0.1, or 3.1?

3.0 and 3.0.1 is notorious for wifi connectivity issues. I had the same problem as you at one time or another.

A couple of things you can try ..

1.) Settings > Reset > Reset all Settings
2.) Hard reset by holding the both the home and power button down.

bignold

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2009
3.0, 3.0.1, or 3.1?

3.0 and 3.0.1 is notorious for wifi connectivity issues. I had the same problem as you at one time or another.

A couple of things you can try ..

1.) Settings > Reset > Reset all Settings
2.) Hard reset by holding the both the home and power button down.

ok well i think its 3.0.1 and i cant reset all setting because i dont kno the code coz i got the iphone from my cousin

bignold

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2009
its actually 3.1 and i think my **** head of a brother blocked it from the internet how do i unblock it???

seethingsclear

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2009
simple solution

hope some1 helps me!

thanks in advance guys

Simply go to Network preferrences on your computer and click advanced and then where it says preferred networks click the little pencil icon and re enter the network your I phone connects where it asks you to add the new prefferred net work - even if you can see the network already in preferred networks add it again- no matter what you do to your iphone it wont help until you do that.

Chaseweston

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2010
Hey guys, I've been having a similar problem.. I have a 3GS jailbroken with blackrain.. ever since i got it, it always auto connected to my home wifi. then about a week or two ago it just stopped.. But when i go near other "remembered" networks it auto-connects just like it used to.. I havent changed any settings on my iphone or wifi it just all the sudden started to not connect.. under "wifi" in my phone it recognizes "linksys" but when I click on it to connect it displays a window saying "unable to join the network "lynksys"" with a dismiss button.. I reset the network settings like stated above. and rebooted my iphone and modem and router multiple times still resulting in the same problem.. any help?

Thanks, Chase weston

Chaseweston

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2010
Hey guys, I've been having a similar problem.. I have a 3GS jailbroken with blackrain.. ever since i got it, it always auto connected to my home wifi. then about a week or two ago it just stopped.. But when i go near other "remembered" networks it auto-connects just like it used to.. I havent changed any settings on my iphone or wifi it just all the sudden started to not connect.. under "wifi" in my phone it recognizes "linksys" but when I click on it to connect it displays a window saying "unable to join the network "lynksys"" with a dismiss button.. I reset the network settings like stated above. and rebooted my iphone and modem and router multiple times still resulting in the same problem.. any help?

Thanks, Chase weston

nevermind. I got frustrated and ripped the wires out of my modem and router walked off to blow some steam then plugged back in once calmed down let everything re start and now miraculously it connects to my linksys.. thank god. Thanks anyways though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.