Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wasimyaqoob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
London, England.
Hey guys,

I'm in the UK and got an Unlocked iPhone!

This time yesterday, it was working fine.

I haven't updated the Firmware or installed anything new, so what could be the problem.

It says "Youtube isn't available"

Could you guys please help, thanks!

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Someone else was having issues with Youtube earlier, perhaps it's just a system wide issue, and not something just related to you.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Hasn't this been established since someone first unlocked an iPhone that you don't get things like youtube and visual voicemail.:confused:

Visual Voicemail never works, though I've heard there's a hack that might make it work with T-mobile in the States. YouTube is flakey, sometimes yes, sometimes no. But you can't count on it. If you want I can e-mail you the video of the bulldog skateboarding.

wasimyaqoob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
London, England.
Well it was working for 2-3 weeks now and I haven't done anything in terms of installing any new Firmware or anything

I don't know why... maybe it's just a worldwide software issue!

I'm quite scared - lol.

Can anyone with a GENUINE AT&T iPhone say their Youtube does or doesn't work please - will appreciate it!

wasimyaqoob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
London, England.
I don't really wanna be installing any other software.

It's really odd because i've had the iPhone for 2-3 weeks now and it's been working fine, it's just stopped working today.

I don't know why!

As I said, I have NOT upgraded the Firmware or installed anything software-related, so I'm not sure why it's down!

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
It does that with unlocked phones, up and down. I don't why, but it's not officially supported so whatever they are doing that causes it, they're not going to be careful about trampling on unlocked phones. Sorry no better answers. Always works on my locked ATT phone, unless I try to call up video still in Flash.

I suppose it will probably just start working again. Or not.

I don't really wanna be installing any other software.

It's really odd because i've had the iPhone for 2-3 weeks now and it's been working fine, it's just stopped working today.

I don't know why!

As I said, I have NOT upgraded the Firmware or installed anything software-related, so I'm not sure why it's down!

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
I just picked up a replacement phone at Apple and youtube isnt working for me. Im pretty sure its safe to assume this phone isnt/wasnt hacked in anyway. Anyone having problems with youtube now?

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Youtube still is not working for me, i think must be something wrong with their end

Mine started working last night, a few hours after I made that other post. I know that doesnt make you feel any better, but hopefully yours will come back sometime. I dont understand how it can work for most people but not for others.

jblodgett

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2005
When I try to use YouTube it says "YouTube not available."

Never gotten that message before.

OCOTILLO

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2005
Houston, TX
Hey guys,

I'm in the UK and got an Unlocked iPhone!

This time yesterday, it was working fine.

I haven't updated the Firmware or installed anything new, so what could be the problem.

It says "Youtube isn't available"

Could you guys please help, thanks!
You are so lucky.

chrltn

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
kidding?

how can you use an unlocked iphone and expect to still use youtube,etc without the edge network? an unlocked iphone seems stupid to me- can't do anything w/o a hot spot

people are strange.

James12997

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2011
Same!!

Same. Whenever I go on YouTube on safari on my iPod touch it just shows a blank page. It worked before but just a few weeks ago it suddenly stopped working. Help please!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.