Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
It is 1.1.1 and it is 150MB! Only listed as "bug fixes". What the hell bug fixes are 150Mb? ? thoughts?

Matteh117

macrumors regular
May 24, 2007
Surrey, UK
I'm sure if it was something worth while for us (ie. better battery, safari update or apps) they would have listed it (or them).

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
something DEFINATELY changed with my screen as it looks more washed out.. like they upped the contrast or something!! Does anyone else see this or am I going crazy??!?!

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Im playing Aliens which is a very dark movie. It is no where near as dark as it was before. Can anyone still toting a bad iPod Touch screen verify that this update did anything to thier screen?

Rhosfelt

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2007
I don't want to be raped :(
I am DLing now and excited! I saw the iPhone update said "aw what the hell" plugged my touch in and bam! 1.1.1 :)

I have a near perfect screen and a pretty dark movie (donnie darko) I can give you guys my experience with the update in about 10 minutes.

Something happened and now I have to restore my iPt...great it isn't like that takes a couple of hours over usb 2.0..

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has had the time to test if this improves battery life at all.....

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2007
anybody with a good screen to begin with notice a difference?

good or bad?

YES! My screen is now perfect. Videos and pics don't have the negative issue anymore, and overall, the screen looks crisper. I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it, but bright colors look clearer and brighter.

GrimmGreen

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
YES! My screen is now perfect. Videos and pics don't have the negative issue anymore, and overall, the screen looks crisper.

so i guess all those "I'M AN LCD ENGINEER , AND THIS IS BECAUSE OF A SPECIAL COATING ON THE SCREEN " people were wrong then...

and to refine me question , did anyone with a good ( IE week 38 ) screen do the update , how does it effect an already good screen?

jockmock

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
okay. so it fixed the bad ones... so what has happened to the good ipods? better or worse?

bigd86

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
NYC
something DEFINATELY changed with my screen as it looks more washed out.. like they upped the contrast or something!! Does anyone else see this or am I going crazy??!?!

It looks like the update reset the contrast and the auto brightness settings. Check it out to see if that was the case with you.

wildcardd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2007
Denver, CO
okay. so it fixed the bad ones... so what has happened to the good ipods? better or worse?

I had a week 36, traded it in for a week 38 so I know what the badness was all about.

After the update my week 38 still looks good (if not better). Looking at Jay Z right now...

xerikx

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
If it takes your battery 2days to drain then somehow you have come across a super battery

If you remember your middle school science classes you'd realize you have to do more than one trial to get accurate results

And I'm sure they'd test different variables - playing at 50% volume with wifi, without wifi, videos at 50% with wifi, without wifi

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
I had a week 36, traded it in for a week 38 so I know what the badness was all about.

After the update my week 38 still looks good (if not better). Looking at Jay Z right now...
lol, I love that so many people are turning to Jay-Z to see if there's a negative black effect or not!

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
If you remember your middle school science classes you'd realize you have to do more than one trial to get accurate results

And I'm sure they'd test different variables - playing at 50% volume with wifi, without wifi, videos at 50% with wifi, without wifi

I havnt seen any of these elaborate tests before the software update

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.