Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
I go to boarding school (which I am at right now) and I would like to dl a song off iTunes but the account information is my parents. Is there a way for my parents to buy the song on there computer and have me download it on another one over long distances?

Shotgun Pete

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada
downloads arent billed to a computer, they are billed to a credit card, therefore as long as you knew your parent's account and password you can download all the songs you want and it will automaticaly bill them.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
downloads arent billed to a computer, they are billed to a credit card, therefore as long as you knew your parent's account and password you can download all the songs you want and it will automaticaly bill them.
but I don't have my parents password and for obvious reasons they are not telling me what it is. There fine buying it on their computer for now but how would I get it to my computer then.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
but I don't have my parents password and for obvious reasons they are not telling me what it is. There fine buying it on their computer for now but how would I get it to my computer then.

Have they already authorized your computer to play songs purchased with their account? If they haven't, they have to give you their password anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.