Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

interlaced

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2005
Do you have an enV too? I just got this with a contract renewal, couldn't pass it up for $150 with $100 contract renew discount. I put a 2GB MicroSD card in it as well. I think in some ways it's better than an iPhone.

For sure! I love everything about my EnV! Plus I text A LOT and use the cam a lot to send pic messages. I do wish it was a bit thinner, or I hope a thinner one comes out before my New Every Two. :)

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Hi everyone, it's been sweet seeing all your setups. Here's mine, over the summer I made the switch to mac from a dell, I'm a senior in college figured I better make the switch before I owe student loans :D

MB 2.0 C2D 1gb
Apple Keyboard
Logitech Trackball mouse - just made the switch to a trackball, I love it.
JBL creature II speakers
Dell 15" lcd monitor
Sirius Satellite Radio (I have an ipod but only use it for the gym, haven't purchased music since I've had Sirius)
Linksys wireless g router (daisy chained off a wired router in the apt, my roommates can't hog my wireless :) )

Hows the sirius, I have the same model but the power connection seems to have some problems. Do you have anything similar to that?

dadsp33k

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2007
Parkville, MD
1366904556_c210f85bc3_b.jpg

that glass shelf is from crate and barrel..lol

xper

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2005
Sweden - Halmstad
Current but not really complete, just moved in to the house, no pictures on the walls yet. No past picture of the iMac because I got it a week after I moved in here.
Clean setup, wanna share the link to your flickr photostream?

Edit: Nevermind, you had already shared it in the September desktop thingy

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Here is the latest state of my desktop rig..
Wow, checked out your site. Between your Mac Pro (7 gb of memory, 4.5 tb HD!), your litany of new Mac hardware, nice lenses, ridiculously expensive guitars & watches, gazillion dollar bike (since it's a Moots Cinco, I'd assume well over $10k), the sick Benz's and BMW's, I have to ask:

What the hell do you do for a living, and where do I sign up?

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
that glass shelf is from crate and barrel..lol

What's crate and barrel?

I got the rack from VTI Manufacturing.

For sure! I love everything about my EnV! Plus I text A LOT and use the cam a lot to send pic messages. I do wish it was a bit thinner, or I hope a thinner one comes out before my New Every Two. :)

The VX10000 Voyager will be out shortly, I kinda wish I had waited. Dual WVGA screens, touch screen on the front, full HTML browser, MiniSD slot instead of MicroSD.

But there is one thing nobody is sure of since it's not out yet, will it be as solid as the current enV. I won't be upgrading mine anytime soon.

It's from Office Depot - I have the same chair. I love it!

Yeah it's made by Lane Home Furnishings. Act now cause it's on clearance, regular $250, on sale for $150

EDIT:
Thanks moderator for fixing my 3 posts.

LouTreize

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007

Yeah it's made by Lane Home Furnishings. Act now cause it's on clearance, regular $250, on sale for $150

EDIT:
Thanks moderator for fixing my 3 posts.

Ya right...maybe for you guys in the states. They're offering it here in Canada for $280...thats messed up :mad:

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Wow, checked out your site. Between your Mac Pro (7 gb of memory, 4.5 tb HD!), your litany of new Mac hardware, nice lenses, ridiculously expensive guitars & watches, gazillion dollar bike (since it's a Moots Cinco, I'd assume well over $10k), the sick Benz's and BMW's, I have to ask:

What the hell do you do for a living, and where do I sign up?

you'll see on there that I am a pilot by profession too if you look, but I've since gotten out of full time flying as I hated living out of a suit case.. We (my wife and I) now just do portrait photography (http://www.samahaphotography.com) which makes for a good tax write off on the camera/computer :apple: , and which provides a decent steady income, and live off of residual income from real estate investments that I made 10 years ago.

I still fly contract on the side from time to time, but I don't think I'll go back to full time employment for anyone anytime soon.. or at least I hope not to! :eek:

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, after looking at a few pics on this and the other forum's threads, I came up with a couple of better ideas.. Ideally, I'd love to flip my 20" sideways but I can't figure out how to do that (for now)..

but here is a more usable setup with less clutter... Plus I now have a lot more desk space!

280976903.jpg

nicoska

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2007
Ok, after looking at a few pics on this and the other forum's threads, I came up with a couple of better ideas.. Ideally, I'd love to flip my 20" sideways but I can't figure out how to do that (for now)..

but here is a more usable setup with less clutter... Plus I now have a lot more desk space!

280976903.jpg

That's awesome!

nico

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
Ok, So does that $29 part attach to the current foot that the display comes with? or do you have to mount it to a wall? I always thought the VESA was for wall mounting.. thanks.

As far as i know, you would have to wall mount it, for the height of the current stand wouldn't fit the monitor in portrait position. You could however make a custom stand, or if you are really good with aluminum, make an addition that fits on teh current stand to allow it to fit the new one.

Simply, you would have to wall mount, or buy a new vesa stand, and not jsut the mount.

They do sell both wall mounts and desk mounts with the vesa standard.

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
Nice. What's the audio setup specs?

NAD C162 preamp
NAD C272 amp
NAD C542 HDCD player
APC 1.5kVA H-Type power regulator
Klipsch Synergy F-3 speakers

Sometime in the future I hope to get a Rega P3 turntable with Grado cart, and B&W 805S or Monitor Audio GS10 speakers, I love british sound. As you can tell by my want of British turntable, speakers and my other components.

PTA

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
Mine.

I have a Core Duo Macbook Pro and the recently updated Core 2 Duo mac mini.

I have 2 set-ups in my house; first my upstairs.

1464369057_b0ecf72b87_b.jpg

Second, my mini.

1464369081_ab0be160c6_b.jpg

Hooked up to a 250gb external, 5 port ipod dock/hub, and my 20" BenQ

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Current but not really complete, just moved in to the house, no pictures on the walls yet. No past picture of the iMac because I got it a week after I moved in here.

Wow, that is amazing!

About the phone, no u dont haveto have an iphone to be cool, ofcourse not. I have the silver one and its absolutely amazing. although verizon is coming out with the vx10000 (enV is vx9900) Its really sharp :)

Edit: whoops just saw your comment, nvm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.