Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunchamp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I have tried every setting possible and my clock will randomly change i.e. it says it is 5:25 pm on July 26 right now when it really is 9:13 pm on September 30. Does anyone know why this might be happening? I have tried everything.

Four20

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2007
not having one i dunno what you can try really. that just seems weird.

maybe a time zone issue?

maybe time to do a system restore?

the latter seems kind of drastic. . .but again that just seems odd

JACanapp

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
iPod Touch clock and date - same problem

I am encountering the same problem. I reset the date and time and everything seems ok -- only the next day things are screwy again. It happens as soon as a sync begins. This would make sense if the clock on the computer was wrong, but it's not. For instance, I just reset the clock and date on the iPod Touch this morning. Right before sync I checked to make sure the iPod and computer time matched each other. Seconds after I plugged it in, the time changed to 7:32 PM and the date to January 31, 2007. It's always a random date and time. Computer still reads correct.

Bizarre!:confused:

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
One day all the iPod Touches will turn to the same date and time and destroy the world!!!!!!!

Seriously, i've heard of this before on the forums as well, have you updated to 1.1.1?

fixman88

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2007
I'm having the exact same problem. I set the time and it randomly resets itself whenever I sync. It's getting annoying, along with the random music pauses while using Safari and the infrequent Safari crashes. I'm hoping that these bugs will get squashed soon.

msa

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
Seeing same thing here. My settings are: 24h format, Stockholm as TZ for both clock and calendar, Region Format set to Swedish. The sad (and bad - Apple normally handles internationalization rather good) thing is that the imput of time is using the AM/PM style - definitely not 24h....

rbkva1

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2007
Ipod touch and clock date

Problem with time resetting can be avoided when you sync by doing the following:
Close Itunes before putting laptop into hibernation mode (not sure if this occurs on desktop computers or not). Reopen Itunes once coming out of hibernation mode and time setting should not be impacted. I had the same problem-it is VERY frustrating--Hope a fix is forthcoming...

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
I've got something similar on my Touch, ever though 24 hour time is off the time is still in 24 hour format! I've tried rebooting, changing the settings in Date & Time and nothing seems to work!

johrushing

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2007
Where is Apple Support? Mini-rant alert.

Ditto for me; random changing of date and time. I am using the touch as a PDA as well, synchronizing with Outlook (I'm primarily on MS), and if the date changes, it resets all my appointment reminders - very annoying. Plus I can't trust the touch to remind me of appointments, etc.

Nothing on apple.com about the problem; is all Apple support that dumbed-down?
If you see a screen that says "Charging. Please wait...", keep iPod touch connected so it continues charging.
Like "Charging. Please wait..." isn't clear enough.

It looks like I am allowed one phone support session per iPod, guess I'll have to burn it to let them know they have a bug. Has anyone tried a full restore to see if it fixes?

energie888

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
Hey, I'm new to the forums but I did this to fix my clock...or so I think I did :)
Go to settings->General->International and change the region to your current region. For me, that would be Canada...I hope this works, I'm not sure if it is what fixed my time but its worth giving a try:)

I found this from another post here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/364259/

"I'm in the UK, so for the General > International > Region Format > Says: United Kingdom... but if I change it to United States. The time appears in 12hours with AM and PM. (Also the 24-Hour Clock ON/OFF works)."

This leads me to believe that the international region does affect the time and date:)

cheers, Energie

johrushing

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2007
Two different clock problems

I think you are talking about the issue that appointments are off because your time-zone is not correct. My problem is random changes in date and time that seem to have now been fixed by not hibernating with iTunes running.

johrushing

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2007
Metric time fix

anyone know where the setting is for metric time standards?

You still have to use the same Tiger workaround: MT = (s/864)+(m/14.4)+(h/0.24). I hear this is one of 300 new features in Panther.

;)

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
You still have to use the same Tiger workaround: MT = (s/864)+(m/14.4)+(h/0.24). I hear this is one of 300 new features in Panther.

;)

Weirdly enough I just encountered this bug in the last few days on my 1.1.3 iPod Touch and found this thread in a search.

In the past few days my iPod has twice had behavior where the clock syncs up correctly with the windows PC it's docked too and then seems to go all screwy with the time not advancing afterwards.

Is there any work around for this or a fix? I've tried resetting the iPod, etc, and would rather not have to do a full reload, but that might be next.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Didn't realize 1.1.4 was out, I never had the problem before updating to 1.1.3, I'll update to 1.1.4 and give that a shot, thanks!

Cardwookie

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
How I fixed my date/time issue

I had the same issue with the date/time after I updated to 1.1.4. After I updated iTunes to the latest version the time came right back.:)

strangehill

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2008
my date settings messed up

I have what sounds like the same problem. I'm skeptical it has anything to do with time zones given that my clock/calendar is off by years when it goes beserk. I have the current 1.1.4 version and it has not fixed my problem.
My suspicion is that my clock/calendar is syncing with certain wifi hotspots with wrong clockalendars.
BTW, syncing music and videos on my itunes does nothing to the clockalendar. The clockalendar i have to reset manually everytime I've been hanging out in hotspots.
This sucks. What to do?

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
Do any of you put your computer to sleep/hibernate with iTunes running? When the computer wakes up, the next sync for some reason messes up the date/time on iPod Touches. Tried with several computers, firmware versions, iTunes versions, and about 6 different iPod Touches. Still happens. Restarting iTunes and syncing again fixes it. Do any of you get the problem under conditions other than what I stated above?

Well, besides the post above :p No clue about that..

jiop

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
how to fiw it

my ipod touches time was jumping around all i had to o to fix it was change the time while it was connected to my pc

loggjamm1

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2009
the anomaly

ok people this is not just a simple glitch in your ipod touches. this is an anomaly used by a time traveler sent here from 250 years in the future. all of these dates and times that your ipods keep randomly reverting to, are very important points in the timeline of your lives. the next time this happens, what you need to do is think back very carefully to the exact date and time your ipod reverts to, and try and remember what happened, because what ever it was, has changed the face of the planet 250 years into the future, and this time traveler wants you all to know that you're the ones responsible for it. now on the contrary, if your ipod gives you a date and time in the future that has not yet come, you should mark it down somewhere, remember it, for it could be a pivital point in your life, you could get divorced at that moment, you could lose your job, you could invent something, for better or for worse of the human race, or, the downside, this could be the moment you die. for some of you this may unfortunatly come true, for those, i am truely sorry, and i will pray, unless you dont want me to then i wont. and for any of you out there who have taken the time to read this, i hope it was a good sience fiction story for you, for none of it is true, in fact it sounds alot like a movie that came out recently staring nicolas cage, hmmmm, i never personally seen this movie, so i cannot comment or speculate on wether or not it was a good movie, but, for a brief moment there, i hope i captured your imaginations, and made you forget about your troubles, if only for a moment, if this is the case then my job here is done. have a good day everyone, and i hope this doesnt get deleted off the forum by the admins. Caio =)

viper007

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2009
The solution !

Hi guys,
I think I found the solution of this problem. You should first turn off your automatic internet clock synchronization between your computer and internet (Control Panel/Data and Time/Internet time). Then setting your true time zone (I've selected US but I am from Bulgaria, then setting the right time) The time zone configurations in the ipod and in the computer should be the same as well as the clock sttings [For example: (Region: Bulgaria, time: 15:30)]. After that I think everything should be all right. I hope I really found the solution of this f***ing problem because it was really annoying I visit this forum with hope that there will be answer of my question but it was like a puzzle – I had to combine your experience to find the key. Hope I help.

pizzaman

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
How I finally solved this problem in a jailbroken iDevice, delete the cache file /var/root/Library/Caches/locationd/cache.plist after this is done locationd services will recreate the file and time will be/stay correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.