Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orionpower

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
can someone tell me how tochange the default country code from United States to Canada ( where I live)???
I cant found out how to change it.!?!!?

orionpower

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
yes but i was talking in the address section
where they talk about street zip code states a country it on US and im in CAnada
how do i make it so its canada

i dont want to change it all the time

cclboss

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
yes but i was talking in the address section
where they talk about street zip code states a country it on US and im in CAnada
how do i make it so its canada

i dont want to change it all the time

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I have never created a new contact on the phone, all my contacts are on my Exchange server and addresses are created there and synced to the phone. Not sure there is a way to change the default. I've only changed the default number format for phone numbers as HK numbers are 8 digits (without area code).

edrian

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
Default United States Address Format in Address Book

Might this have something to do with where the iPhone is sold (or rather not sold)?

Let me explain.
The default United States address format in Address Book automatically set any address country to ”United States”. After synced with my iPhone, whenever I Google Maps my address, it comes up error, because it ends with “United States”, but I'm from Malaysia.

Manually fixing this is to “back delete” United States every time I do a google map search. I understand that by creating a new contact with either Address Book or iPhone, I have the option to input Malaysia in the country field, but I have 300 contacts and I wonder how to auto script fill country code to Malaysia and if it works after synced with iPhone, since Address Book shows no option of Malaysia Address Format to auto input Malaysia in Country.

Hope I'm making this clear and looking forward for any suggestion! Thank you!

sujithkrishnan

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2008
Bangalore
can someone tell me how tochange the default country code from United States to Canada ( where I live)???
I cant found out how to change it.!?!!?

Go to Settings > International > Select your country (Region settings)..

Contacts is populating default coutry from what you set as your region in this settings...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.