Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The makers of Navizon for the iPhone, which provides GPS-like functionality to your iPhone, have updated their blog and stated that

- If you purchased Navizon and cannot run it on the 1.1.1 iPhone, you will get a refund.
- They are still developing for the iPhone and plan a new version shortly (for 1.0.2 iPhones, presumably).

Navizon was previously featured and provided positioning based on a cell-tower and wifi hotspot database. The application is available for 15 days, and costs $24.99 to continue using beyond that.

Article Link

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
thats really nice of them, all though i think they kinda of have to, I never got it to work properly anyway back before 1.1.1, if it worked i would have bought it asap though

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
Now if only I can get Apple to refund the rest of my $500 ;)
Or at least make an SDK, or even sell a game through iTunes.
Im about to call Apple and be like:
"Um the update bricked my phone"
apple: "i doesnt turn on?"
"No, the gaming machine part doesn't work anymore, now all i can do with it is reload macrumors and check my mail every 5min"

OT: Did anyone ever get this software to work anyway? Nobody I know has had their area mapped.

We can all thank iFuntastic for ruining it for everyone. Damn bricktastic killed more users than a bad batch of dope.

appleguru1

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2003
Yes, works great for me... I haven't bought a license yet, but I intend to. (Downgraded to 1.0.2).

And cheers to them offering refunds for 1.1.1 users; its rare to find class acts like this in the technology world!

dtich

macrumors regular
May 27, 2007
i never got navizon to work either, and i'm in a pretty teeming metropolis (l.a.) so i saw no reason it couldn't find cell or wifi sites to locate. i dumped it from the phone before 1.1.1 anyway.

they should get it to work though, would be very useful.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i didn't realize that you had to pay for Navizon. glad to see that they are refunding for those with 1.1.1, but hopefully they'll get it working with 1.1.1

talk2dug

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Why by this product?

Why woudl you even think about buying this application when it barley works?

if they could get a better solution or even get a BT GPS receiver to work then yes buy it but WIFI/GPRS GPS is by far worth spending money on.

I used this application and as a freeware/gimmick product sure its perfect but to pay for it. Not a chance in hell....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.