Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshi3joshi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
this has probaly already beeen answered, but ive searched on google and found nothing. My question is,

does the iphone earphones, the one with the squeeze thing for pausing and playing music, and double squeezing for skipping work with ipod touch? i havent seen the iphone headphone jack, but i assume it is the same. So if i buy iphone earphones, and i plug it in my ipod touch, will the squeeze controls work?

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
Not sure what the recessing of the jacks has to do with overall functionality... if anything, surely iTouch headphones wouldn't work on iPhone not vice versa?

Anyway, I don't imagine the remote functions will work. The speakers might be a different story.

On a sidenote, does the Radio Remote work in iTouch/iPhone?

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
Is there any headphones like the iPhone headphones for the iPod touch? Really like to have the clicking feature instead of pulling out my ipod to stop and play next track...

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
Wonder if there's a jailbreak fix... I'd love to be able to pause, play and skip at the click of a button instead of pulling the iPt out each time.

Any word on the radio remote working?

ChicagoApple

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago, obviously.
The iPhone

I just bought a new iphone headphone earbuds (the one with 3 lines on the jack). It works with my iPod Touch fully.

Single Click Headphone Button = Pause/Play
Double Click Headphone Button = Next Song
Triple Click Headphone Button = Previous Song
Hold Down Headphone Button = Voice Control

Once I enter an app that uses the iPod's microphone, the headphone's mic overrides the mic on the device itself and is very clear. Just let the wire hang while you talk, don't touch it while you talk.

The iPod Touch really is an iPhone without 3G.

This earbud works on the iPad 1 also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.