Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AriX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Hey everyone, just wanted to tell you that I just released iJailBreak at http://code.google.com/p/ijailbreak/...

It's only for Intel and Tiger at the moment, but I'm working on making a PPC version (the binary is universal, but it still won't work on PPC).
Please note that this software is in BETA and if something goes wrong, don't blame me.

Happy JailBreaking! http://ijailbreak.com/

Last edited:

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
OH MY GOD

at 1:40 i just started the manual jailbreak, and now im seeing the "scrolly text" looks like i should have waited 3 god dang minutes!

anyways, good luck ;)!

AriX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
OH MY GOD

at 1:40 i just started the manual jailbreak, and now im seeing the "scrolly text" looks like i should have waited 3 god dang minutes!

anyways, good luck ;)!

You can still restore and use this if you want :D

MiniMan.

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2007
UK
Getting an error when i click ok after clicking jail break?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 33,665

AriX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
so this is an easy gui method for jailbreaking? and does this work for the iphone or just the ipod touch?

Just the iPod Touch, and yes, this is an easy jailbreak :)

Windows version is already out, look for touchFree.

EtienneP

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2007
Great work, Arix. Haven't tried it out since I've Jailbreaked already but this will help a lot of people out.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Congratulations AriX...I don't have an iPod touch (and won't for at least a few months) but having a simple method to add apps to it will be awesome :)

thenewkasanova

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
You are my hero! I can't believe you are my age. I am getting my iPod touch on friday, for my 14th birthday, though. I can't wait to try this out! Thank you!

MiniMan.

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2007
UK
2 things.

my internet isnt workin so will have to wait.

Also is jailbreaking illegal manualy and automaticaly.??

Retired
May 16, 2006
Anyone else see the next DVD Jon...congratulations on attaining such an achievement at such a young age :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.