Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
thats not really the ipod classic firmware, its very different to this.

this looks more like a skin that works kind of like the ipod classic ui

Retired
May 16, 2006
Cool, I wonder how smoothly it runs...

This is one downside of Apple leading in marketshare - MS has to do things like backporting new firmware to old hardware to stay in the game. Not even the 5G iPod got all the software features of the 5.5G...

stagecustom

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario
wait can you actually have lyrics on half the screen as seen in the youtube video? that is on the actual ipod Classic i mean??

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Not bad, runs nicely, but is kinda weird how the next menu swoops in from the right, unless thats how the Classic is.

The text seems a little off/not as sharp.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
I put this on my iPod, I ejected it, and it scared me... it was stuck on the apple screen, so I restarted it and it works...
Only thing I don't like about it, is it only shows the album art on the side when you are playing a song, and it is a little laggy when changing menus

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
What's the point of halfing the screen if you don't have the album art or whatever flashing through on the other side? I credit their ingenuity but it isn't very practical, just use the 5th gen firmware, honestly.

xkRoWx

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
Canada
Well, Apple made this firmware for those people who actually buy the music, this way, they get all the goodies that goes with the new firmware, such as album art and lyrics.

Maybe you should start organizing your music, or start buying them instead of leeching it from P2P if you're lazy.

Every song in my iPod has album art and lyrics, and it took me a good 3 hours to organize a grand total of 2000 songs.

edit: By the way, did anyone find the firmware for Mac iPod? The firmware provided by iPodWizard only works on Windows' iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.