Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Racktacular

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
I have my gmail forwarded to my iPhone via yahoo. everything was working fine until 3 days ago. I checked all the settings in my iPhone, gmail and yahoo and everything is set up right. But my iPhone just isn't getting e-mails anymore.

How do I fix this?

Racktacular

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
Anyone with any thoughts? 47 views and 0 responses. Someone must have an idea for me.

TIA!

- Rack

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Have you logged into Yahoo Web Interface to make sure your email has been delivered? If so, then this is the normal problem with Yahoo Push haveing problems.

Also, try to manually get your mail by selecting one of the other folders and then checking the InBox Folder.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
Have you logged into Yahoo Web Interface to make sure your email has been delivered? If so, then this is the normal problem with Yahoo Push haveing problems.

Also, try to manually get your mail by selecting one of the other folders and then checking the InBox Folder.

Agree with the above. You're probably encountering the same old yahoo 'push' problem. Try manually checking.

Racktacular

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
Thanks for responding.

Even when I manually check it, it doesn't get forwarded. BTW, I am using AOL and not YAHOO to forward mail.

I just checked the settings of both gmail and aol and everything is set up, but I just can't get anything sent to my iPhone.

Need more help.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Have you tried simply resetting the phone? Last time I had a problem with mail I did that and it worked again.

obxbound

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2007
This started happening for me for the first time today. I have two email accounts set up and neither one of them are downloading. I am going to try a reset and then I am calling apple. UGH!

Racktacular

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
Resetting worked for me as well. Seems kind of strange that this happens. Anyone know any reason why this would occur?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
my email is broken too. seems to have done it since 1.1.1 too, but i've been fairly busy with school since then to worry about it and have been checking manually. since re-setting up gmail with imap the other day i was sad to discover this didn't fix the problem.

i have my university email and gmail imap setup on this phone with the gmail as the primary. it also did this when gmail was pop3. the thing has been kinda random too, sometimes autoupdating a few times a day, other times going days without auto-updating only to do it again out of the blue. i've restarted numerous times. i'm really hoping there is some other solution other then restoring my iphone since that is such a pain. btw it has never been hacked. i've missed several important emails where i needed to get back with someone within minutes of business close because i get busy with class and forget to keep or can't keep manually checking all the time. it's so annoying!

any help would be amazing, is there some obscure setting that changed in gmail that i need to alter or something new in 1.1.1? i'm pretty sure i checked into everything i could with that but maybe i missed something. thanks in advance.

atmenterprises

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Ever since 1.1.1 my iPhone has stopped polling email after x number of hours or days (haven't narrowed down yet) so I just reset the device (hold down the sleep button and the home button for a few seconds then slide to power off). Works fine after that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.