Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ringaling

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to burn my iMovie to DVD so it actually will play in my TV's DVD player... Can anyone help??

I've tried the country thing and expert settings to north american and it still doesnt work... is it my DVD player? Do I have to send it to iDVD?

Please Help!:confused:

chriscorbin

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2007
Vallejo, CA
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to burn my iMovie to DVD so it actually will play in my TV's DVD player... Can anyone help??

I've tried the country thing and expert settings to north american and it still doesnt work... is it my DVD player? Do I have to send it to iDVD?

Please Help!:confused:

go to the menu on the top of your screen and click share and select iDVD from that menu and build an iDVD project around the content

alixki

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
Having trouble burning a DVD from an iMovie project

I imported my jvc .mod files, converted them to mpeg-4 files, built a project
complete with itunes music, photos and the converted video clips in imovie, added chapter markers and now just want to burn this onto a dvd. I have
tried magicmovie (that seems to be a direct from camera item only) and
one-step dvd, which is asking for movies, photos and music (in otherwise,
build another project again??).

I am happy with the way my imovie project looks and just want to burn
this to a CD so that I can share some simple video with Nana. I don't
want any more titles, buttons, themes...just play it like I built it in imovie.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mattaut

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
If you have toast you can export the movie into a quicktime file or something then import it to toast and burn a DVD-video. If you don't have toast there might be some other free apps out there that can do it. Do some google searching, I'm sure other people have had the same issue and it definitely sounds like a solvable issue.

MacBob2010

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2010
iMac Problems creating DVD from IMovie export

Please help, i've been trying to burn 45min HD video from my Sony FX1 to DVD. I imported the HD video to my imovie and the edit looks great. I exported so many times using all different formats Quicktime, Mpeg4 etc and share to iDVD I can't seem to get the DVD to work without skipping on my DVD player. It's driving me nutz, then I purchased Toast Platinum Pro and still the DVD burns but it skips. What Settings do I need to use to export and burn successfully on Toast? The file I want to use it only 3.3GB on DVD to play on standard DVD player. PS I'm new to this HD video thing and iMovie.
Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Please help, i've been trying to burn 45min HD video from my Sony FX1 to DVD. I imported the HD video to my imovie and the edit looks great. I exported so many times using all different formats Quicktime, Mpeg4 etc and share to iDVD I can't seem to get the DVD to work without skipping on my DVD player. It's driving me nutz, then I purchased Toast Platinum Pro and still the DVD burns but it skips. What Settings do I need to use to export and burn successfully on Toast? The file I want to use it only 3.3GB on DVD to play on standard DVD player. PS I'm new to this HD video thing and iMovie.
Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

A DVD player will not play back HD content, for one...it will also be in standard def, so first thing, you will lose resolution (down to 480 line NTSC from 720 or 1080 in your original HD format).

As to why your SD copy of this information on DVD skips on playback..I'm not sure. I would assume it would encode to the proper format for playback, but honestly I have not yet burned any of my originally HD content to DVD...only have sent it to my AppleTV and YouTube.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.