Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rezet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
If you guys have Internet explorer and Safari installed on OSX. Can you go to http://www.sirius.com and click on the "speaker" icon to the right which allows to listen satellite radio online.
I want to know if safari can open the window that pops up when you click it. It didn't work with mozilla browser, so I'm wondering if safari would work. And can you also try the same with IE?

Thanx.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: Can anyone with OS X test something for me quick?

Originally posted by Rezet
If you guys have Internet explorer and Safari installed on OSX. Can you go to http://www.sirius.com and click on the "speaker" icon to the right which allows to listen satellite radio online.
I want to know if safari can open the window that pops up when you click it. It didn't work with mozilla browser, so I'm wondering if safari would work. And can you also try the same with IE?

Thanx.
No go with OmniWeb or Safari. Same browser engine for those two. Oh well, I have XM and I'll just stick with that.

Rezet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Re: Re: Can anyone with OS X test something for me quick?

Originally posted by MisterMe
No go with OmniWeb or Safari. Same browser engine for those two. Oh well, I have XM and I'll just stick with that.

XM... I don't really like their main stream music that they play.
And I don't understad why get equipment and stuff, pay fee and still listen to commercials? I know it's only 5 mins/1 hour but you do realize that they can increase commercial by 1 second every week and u wont notice it for a while. They will be making billions, but when you notice that, you wont feel like canceling the service because of the equipment bought.
Atleast sirius has 100% commercial free all music channels.
My friend has XM, and it's decent, but i still hate commercials.
I think "bpm" and "the move" are the best on xm. But I like The beat better on sirius.

Also, did you know that there are only like 5 companies total that own all radio stations. And almost monopolists like Clear channel communications seem to be very interested in buying xm. And since all radio stations around here are owned by them, all i know that they love to make money by playing commercials for like 25 mins every hour.

Schiffi

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Missouri
No Sirus.com does not work on a Mac. I believe they use WMP9, which should have a Mac version later this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.