Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhoneAlley notes that iFuntastic 4.6.1 (download) has been released which provides easy jailbreak support for the 1.1.1 version of the iPhone.

ifuntastic-unshackle_500.png

To jailbreak, you may either start from version 1.0.2 or 1.1.1. iFuntastic will perform the necessary steps and prompt you for any necessary actions. Once complete, you can enjoy the benefits of third party apps and an improved iPhone.
The Mac application also provides Ringtone support that allows you to crop and upload Ringtones.

Article Link

Bruce Patterson

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2007
Winter Park, Florida
So if I download this .app and I'm on an unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone, it will let me add ringtones and what else? Should I just leave it the way it is (working fine) or use this app to update my iPhone?????

howard3849

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
windows compatibility

i understand ifuntastic 4.6.1 is for osx. is there any similar program for the windows camp that can jailbreak the iphone as easily?

sicilian890

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
For some reason apple and AT&T aren't activating iPhones right now. So now I have a inactivated iPhone until apple and AT&T decide that they want to start activating them again. Hopefully in the morning. :)

bbthechange

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2007
Activation

This program requires the iPhone to be re-activated, and "iPhone activations are down at this time." This means that since I ran this program, I have a [hopefully temporarily] bricked phone :eek:
Wait for a bit, people.

JNunn

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Kansas
I went through the cumbersome process of unshackling my phone and ended up just restoring it back to the original. And now I'm stuck with the 'iPhone activations are unavailable at this time." message as well. Glad to hear other people are seeing this and it's not just me. Could it be from iFuntastic, or is this completely unrelated?

JNunn

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Kansas
After about an hour of waiting around, it finally activated. Guess it wasn't related to iFun after all. Thank goodness.

noservice2001

macrumors regular
May 7, 2006
808 State
bout 2 hours after switching from my ppc to my intel mbp, and then 2 dl's of firmware (1.1.1&1.0.2 onto the intel) and 42 steps... the phone moaned! and it was HOT!

and people, the thing about option means to hold the option key then click restore... i didn't read at first... the around step 8 or 13 or something it says to wait for the 1013 error and i didn't know what on earth it meant by "options" it was talking about....

awesome!

saiajin

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2007
I got this rolling sucessfully...but I had to uninstall and reinstall all my apps...and I can't get rSBt ( in Customize) to work correctly even when uninstalling infuntastic support..anyone else have this problem? I hate the page method used in Ifun so tried the standard setting but it only gives me reorder control on the first page...:mad: any others having trouble with rSBT

comfortablynumb

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2007
yeah.. so far has been nothing but trouble for me also. it thinks my phone is running 1.0.2 when its actually 1.1.1. every time i try to unshackle it ends up with an error and i have to fully restore my phone in itunes. needless to say my 5 trial jailbreaks are gone and i'm not paying for full use. maybe the next version will be better(easier) for some reason im having deja vu:D

scheming

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2005
Windows Version?

... is there a windows version of this or something similar that runs in windows in development or already released?

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
Works GREAT. Downloaded and bought all the features -- have to say made the process very easy. Downgraded 1.1.1 to 1.0.2, unshackled, and upgraded again, all GUI prompting. Great ring tone support!

Well Done!

jbellny

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2007
Works GREAT. Downloaded and bought all the features -- have to say made the process very easy. Downgraded 1.1.1 to 1.0.2, unshackled, and upgraded again, all GUI prompting. Great ring tone support!

Well Done!

Completely agree. Did exactly the same steps as you and it could not have gone more smoothly. Also, from that I can tell, it doesn't leave SSH installed/running after all the hacking is done; which is good for battery life.

howard3849

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
i have 1.1.1 pure, do i need to downgrade to 1.0.2 first before running iFuntastic, or can i just run iFuntastic and it will do all that for me? can someone pls clarify? thanks.

jonmeadowbrook

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2007
ifuntastic worked great downgrading my phone and updating it jailbroken. Only problem is that i can't uninstall dock, Rsbt, and openSSH.

What i hate most though is that installer does not recognize that an update is available and is stuck at 2.63

Any ideas?

bigandtasty

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
Mixed Results

This Sounds great that you can supposedly do so much with fewer steps with the new iFuntastic.

The program is now shareware which is fine, but after some reading over at iphone alley it seems like there are quite a few posts about problems during/after installation for a few people, not all.

http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1662

I really want to use this new version of iFuntastic as I am still running 1.0.1 and it sounds like if the install is successful it could be great, but at the same time I am hesitent as it seems it works great for some and for others it has been a nightmare.

Anyone think they may release another update in the near future that addresses some of the issues people have been having?

I wonder if there will be any problems with this version on friday when Leopard is let out of it's cage?

BigAndTasty

jbellny

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2007
i have 1.1.1 pure, do i need to downgrade to 1.0.2 first before running iFuntastic, or can i just run iFuntastic and it will do all that for me? can someone pls clarify? thanks.

Howard - iFuntastic will convert down to 1.02 for you. That's what I was at and it worked without any problem. Just be patient and make sure you read the prompts as iFuntastic goes through the process.

iSoulastro

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2007
I had used up all my trial tries as well, but I plop down the dough and bought all the features, once I did that, unshackling the phone was a snap, the ringtone feature doesn't work all that well compared to iToner, so I guess I'll be buying that too. I'll enjoy my unshackled phone until Apple rolls out 1.2.2 or something :rolleyes:

zipper1022

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2006
Long Island, NY/ Boston, MA
what risks do i run into when doing this? i have a virgin iphone, got it the other day.... i feel like i should just enjoy it for what it is...

advice?, i want the other programs but i dont want to birck this baby

i never plan on changing my carrier, i love at&t so i dont need to unlock, i just want some cool apps

Takufu

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
How Long for the Reply?

Had the same problem....paid...but havent' gotten code yet....how long did it take for them to respond to you?....thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.