Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
I am looking for a nice doc to sync and charge my iPod Touch and 5G iPod Video.

Any suggestions? I would like to keep it around $20 or so.

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
I just got mine today in the mail. It is absolutely amazing. The Dynex universal ipod connector (or something like that). I got it for $8 on Amazon from an authorized buyer. It looks EXACTLY like the one Apple sells. It comes with all the wires, and I mean ALL the wires. Also, it comes with 8 dock adaptors, but not one for the touch. Doesnt matter though, because you should have the dock connector for you touch, still. I highly suggest this one from Dynex.

Here is the amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/DYNEX-Docking...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1193337637&sr=1-8

Enjoy!

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
Which seller did you use? I may pick one of these up.

I missed an awesome deal this morning on Woot.com. They are having a "Woot-Off" today where they are selling 1 item at a time, until it sells out, then posting another (if you are familiar with Woot, they offer electronics 1 item per day, usually at a nice discount). Woot offs, they sell multiple items per day.

Anyway, they had a Belkin dock that sells everywhere else for $50 +, on for $12 plus $5 shipping. It also included multiple USB ports for other devices.

Anyway thanks for the recommendation!

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Damn, nice suggestion!

I wouldn't mind one, but I'm in the UK... can't find a reseller here.

dikiem

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
Damn this is a great deal. It even charges the iPOD!

Buying a wall charger already cost over 30 bucks, and this is 8 bucks?!

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
Damn this is a great deal. It even charges the iPOD!

Buying a wall charger already cost over 30 bucks, and this is 8 bucks?!

yea, it really is great. I used the bigsales4liquidation seller on amazon, or something like that. Either way, shipping was really fast and the product is great. I reccommend it.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
Which seller did you use? I may pick one of these up.

I missed an awesome deal this morning on Woot.com. They are having a "Woot-Off" today where they are selling 1 item at a time, until it sells out, then posting another (if you are familiar with Woot, they offer electronics 1 item per day, usually at a nice discount). Woot offs, they sell multiple items per day.

Anyway, they had a Belkin dock that sells everywhere else for $50 +, on for $12 plus $5 shipping. It also included multiple USB ports for other devices.

Anyway thanks for the recommendation!

i missed that too, i was pissed when I saw

Injektilo94

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
Dock

I just got mine today in the mail. It is absolutely amazing. The Dynex universal ipod connector (or something like that). I got it for $8 on Amazon from an authorized buyer. It looks EXACTLY like the one Apple sells. It comes with all the wires, and I mean ALL the wires. Also, it comes with 8 dock adaptors, but not one for the touch. Doesnt matter though, because you should have the dock connector for you touch, still. I highly suggest this one from Dynex.

Here is the amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/DYNEX-Docking...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1193337637&sr=1-8

Enjoy!

Is this dock fully working with iPod Touch ??? Using the wires that came with it ?? Because I can´t see compatibility with iPT on the techinical details on Amazon...and this is too cheap ... I just hope it really works. I´ve read somewhere that apple´s new ipods only work with the original cables....
Can you post pics ???
thank you !

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
Is this dock fully working with iPod Touch ??? Using the wires that came with it ?? Because I can´t see compatibility with iPT on the techinical details on Amazon...and this is too cheap ... I just hope it really works. I´ve read somewhere that apple´s new ipods only work with the original cables....
Can you post pics ???
thank you !

everything works. It charges and syncs beautifully. I tried watching some videos on the tv today using the s-video cable it came with and it didnt work. I tried it with the AV cables then and I only got sound. I dont think this is the docks fault though. I probably just dont know how to do or the touch's video out isnt great just yet. I still highly recommend this bc it is cheap and is a great dock.:)

agentkow

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
everything works. It charges and syncs beautifully. I tried watching some videos on the tv today using the s-video cable it came with and it didnt work. I tried it with the AV cables then and I only got sound. I dont think this is the docks fault though. I probably just dont know how to do or the touch's video out isnt great just yet. I still highly recommend this bc it is cheap and is a great dock.:)

No, I do think it is the dock's fault because after reading all the info about the Touch it seems it should only work with Apple's new cable.

I also think everyone should be careful about fully recommending this dock until we know it actually plays video out.

iMouseHD

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2007
You are correct it is not compatiable for the new iPods in terms of a video dock, it will not pass video, only audio.

For 8 bucks you get the dock, computer sync/charge, ac charge and audio dock.

It does work perfectly for video on my 5.5 video.

If you are interested in using this as a video dock for the new iPods then this will not meet your needs.

Injektilo94

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
Dock

I know that the video out feature doesn´t work on this dock, but what if you plugged in the dock the original $49,90 av cable(not the one that came with the dock) ? and I see there´s a remote, does it work?

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
iPod Touch 2G Universal Dock

Hi

Received my iPod Touch 2G dock today - its fantastic. Got it for £17.99 from play.com and its got a lot of features. It will work with the iPod Nanos as well.

Mini-unboxing and first impressions review here.

Hope it helps those who are in the process of getting one.

TMC2k1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2008
Do you have a 1G Touch or 2G? If it is a 2G can you check if the line out on the dock works?

Thanks

ericjohnson1981

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
Man I could really use that dock, too bad I'm broke
counter.jpg
:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.