Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
hey folks,

So all the pics i've taken so far with my iPhone are really dark, even when the lighting is ok. Is this normal? I've seen the thread with all the amazing pictures on, and just can't believe that you can take those with an iPhone camera. indoors pics are so bad.

I don't have a negative black screen issue so it's not that... just wondering if someone can post a 'normal' pic of indoors or something so i can compare light levels. THANKS!

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
well it's difficult to see if there's a problem without an actual pic to look at, but i think the camera function of the iPhone does have a light sensor on it that is supposed to adjust the brightness of the picture depending on light conditions.

It is possible that your iPhone camera sensor isn't working properly. maybe a hardware issue, possibly a software issue, im not really sure. I would just take it to an apple store and have them verify it for you.

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
thanks. i'll try and post a pic up as soon as i sync to my mac at home. (ugh wish you could post frm iPhone lol...)

Also, if you take a pic in a room with a light in, are you suppsed to get HUGE glow from the light? it looks so crap.

dtshaw82

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2009
London, UK
Dark photos too

I'm having the same problem on the iPhone. I will post a photo taken with a camera as well as the iPhone for comparison. The photos come out very dark even outside in sunny conditions. A sunny day looks like a very cloudy day. The camera on the phone is quite disappointing really. Are there any apps to improve the quality by making manual adjustments?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.