Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zneo11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
After the Star Wars hologram effect was done today I set off to do the Invisible effect that was not included. I too in less than a hour finished it. Have Fun!

Attachments

• Video Snapshot-4-1.jpeg
    Video Snapshot-4-1.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 50,315
  • Invisible.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 9,616

Zneo11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Active Camo!!

I should have called this Active Camo! Halo 3 anyone. Man. :mad: My friend Joe suggested it after i submitted it.

JSpence

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2007
Orlando, FL
I should have called this Active Camo! Halo 3 anyone. Man. :mad: My friend Joe suggested it after i submitted it.

YES!!!! Wow and you know what, Active Camo in H3 is so hard to see the person lol best one yet. love it, great idea. thanks for the post.

brengla

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
Scottish
It just shows a picture of the background, which doesn't move!!

It takes a photo, and that is all!!

What a major disappointment!!

Zneo11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Originally Posted by brengla
It just shows a picture of the background, which doesn't move!!

It takes a photo, and that is all!!

What a major disappointment!!
Aw that is a disappointment

It works guys I tried it and don't you see the picture. Are you trying it in photo booth? If you are than you have to do other stuff to get it to work in that.

elbows

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2005
Nice one :)

Works for me, perhaps it will not work well with certain background colours, for some reason with my background the outline comes out rather green.

For effects where the original background is used, it will be harder to ensure effect works well with all possible types of background.

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
I cant get this to work either.

I copied them to the system/library/compositions folder where the Apple ones are.

The other thread reports PPC users getting it to work. I have a 1.2GHz PPC. I think the problem is I don't get four effect screens to select from, just two.

So then I edited the .plist fine and still a no go.

Can anyone confirm getting these two effects working on a PPC? And if so are you getting all four effect screen selections?

Green Lantern

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
how do you get this to work in photo booth to test it?? or test it in iChat

ok, found the other post and got the Holo effect to work in photobooth, what are the file names that will make the other effects work there?

Zneo11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
how do you get this to work in photo booth to test it?? or test it in iChat

ok, found the other post and got the Holo effect to work in photobooth, what are the file names that will make the other effects work there?

I havent tried it myself but I guess that mine would be "invisible"

stellarceltic

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
I like it, and maybe it's just me, but it seems too work *too* well. I'm almost completely invisible.

I saw a pic of the demo and while the guy was mostly invisible, you could still see a lot of details.... much like Halo invisibility.

rickyisawesome

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
i still cant figured it out...i put it in the right folder and authenticated...nothing shows up..how do i get the effect to appear in ichat or photobooth?? i do have leopard.

please help!

sorry im dumb :(

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
-> copy Invisible.qtz to the compositions folder in the library
-> move Invisible.qtz to the photo booth resources folder
-> edit the EffectsOrdering.plist file
-> repair permissions
-> open photobooth and goto the 4th effects page. it will say Invisible in the bottom right square

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.