Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
is there anyway to work on a program online, in a web browser? from either a mac or pc?

i was wondering so i could work on some programs in my spare time at work, but i'm on a pc.

thanks

toddburch

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
Katy, Texas
If you have a .mac account, could you use your iDisk for hosting the file? If so, you could access it from anywhere on the planet.

Todd

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
that is a good point. thanks. but i have to be able to write the code on a pc and mac. so i can't do cocoa i guess

You should have mentioned Cocoa in the beginning ;)

If you want to do Cocoa programming online, your best bet it so setup your home computer with SSH so you can login from work and then you can edit files with vi, and compile with gcc in a Terminal-like app, such as PuTTY (Windows).

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
You should have mentioned Cocoa in the beginning ;)

If you want to do Cocoa programming online, your best bet it so setup your home computer with SSH so you can login from work and then you can edit files with vi, and compile with gcc in a Terminal-like app, such as PuTTY (Windows).

well it doesn't have to be Cocoa. actually Java might be better, since i'll probably be taking a class in it next semester.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.