Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Salas2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
I have some files I want to add them in my iphone System directory to make my iPhone support reading other languages!
I don’t know how to access my iphone files! Can anybody help me with that?
“My iPhone is Unlocked and has 1.1.1 firmware”

Thanks

goldypoker

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2007
I have some files I want to add them in my iphone System directory to make my iPhone support reading other languages!
I don’t know how to access my iphone files! Can anybody help me with that?
“My iPhone is Unlocked and has 1.1.1 firmware”

Thanks

winSCP

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
As far as I know, you can SSH into the phone's directory itself on a Mac. I'm on a PC, so I don't know how the SSH is done. It is possible though, because this meathod is used to place icons and stuff onto the phone.

vic32amg

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2007
Gilbert
Run AppSnap, install BSD and SSH and then you can sFTP files to your phone.

use cyber duck or another program -

the login for the iphone is " root" and the password is "alpine" you can change these once you access it.

if you are using the 1.0.2 (not 1.1.1) then the password is dottie.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It behooves everyone to change their root password by running Terminal and typing "passwd" and then enter your new password. Its just good security.

me0610

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
were do u get terminal app

It behooves everyone to change their root password by running Terminal and typing "passwd" and then enter your new password. Its just good security.

Were do u get a terminal application from to run on ur Iphone. Or how do u get to the terminal application to change ur psword on iphone

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Were do u get a terminal application from to run on ur Iphone. Or how do u get to the terminal application to change ur psword on iphone

Part 1: Run AppSnap and install Terminal.

Part 2: "...change their root password by running Terminal and typing "passwd" and then enter your new password"

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2006
all the program suggested seems not workable directly on iPhone, there's a program that allow to edit a file on iPhone, directly on iPhone ?

me0610

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Still can't find terminal

Part 1: Run AppSnap and install Terminal.

Part 2: "...change their root password by running Terminal and typing "passwd" and then enter your new password"

I ran Appsnapp isn't that the same as installer 3. I got this at jailbreakme.com Will when I looked in all Packages for installer 3 on my Iphone and scrolled down I couldn't find this application "Terminal". What file is it in Productivity, Sources, etc....? I don't know can u please help?

supgraffix

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2007
Question related to terminal: is there a resource where you can view all of the commands available such as "passwd" and what they do? That would be very helpful!
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.