Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Defender90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Can anybody rearrange the apps icons on the 2nd page in the new 1.1.1 rSBT embedded in Customize?

BTW - I did the jailbreakme.com update. It was very fast, but I did need to install the BSD Subsystem and restart a couple times to get the 3rd party apps to work.

iPhoneyboy

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2007
Can anybody rearrange the apps icons on the 2nd page in the new 1.1.1 rSBT embedded in Customize?

BTW - I did the jailbreakme.com update. It was very fast, but I did need to install the BSD Subsystem and restart a couple times to get the 3rd party apps to work.

I've got it working... no problem rearranging icons.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I've got it working... no problem rearranging icons.

On the 2nd page of apps? Are you sure? You would be the only person to report it working that I've seen. For me, the first page of apps is organizable, but any apps on the second page are jumbled in a random order.

iPhoneyboy

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2007
Right, second page don't work. I hadn't re-ordered it... only the first.

By the way, Installer 3.0b7 is now out.

strongesthylian

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2007
Here's what I found out. rBST uses the "extended springboard" section, right? Turns out, that breaks the ability to reorder icons. So what you need to do is SSH into
/System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app
and get M86AP.plist and put it on your computer.
Open it up with a text editor, and you'll have to bring the apps in the "thirdParty" section and take them into the "iconList" section.
Then you can reorder them how you like.

Save the file, and put the file back into the phone. It's probably a good idea to keep a backup of the file.

surge1

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2007

I did the jailbreakme.com method, but Customize kept crashing upon starting it up. i have bsd installed and this is the first app i have problems with. any special procedures i need to follow. i have summerboard and xlaunch installed as well. can that be a problem?

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
I did the jailbreakme.com method, but Customize kept crashing upon starting it up. i have bsd installed and this is the first app i have problems with. any special procedures i need to follow. i have summerboard and xlaunch installed as well. can that be a problem?

Mine was crashing too, and I rebooted my phone and all was well. Give that a try.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Keep re-opening "Customize" app. At 3rd or 4th try, it should open up without any problems. It does not crash as often after this. Regards!

bluush

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
It took about 4 tries of reopening Customize to get it to open, however once the program actually opened up for me it still refused to reorganize the icons. So I sftp'd to my touch and deleted the Customize folders (that's how I hope you're supposed to delete it, anyway) with the intention of re-downloading it and trying again.

However, now the Customize app isn't showing up in the Installer.. is there any way to refresh the list? I noticed as I was downloading each app that it would disappear from the list of apps in Installer so there is obviously some way it is remembering what you've downloaded. How do I re-download Customize?

orionpower

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2007
It took about 4 tries of reopening Customize to get it to open, however once the program actually opened up for me it still refused to reorganize the icons. So I sftp'd to my touch and deleted the Customize folders (that's how I hope you're supposed to delete it, anyway) with the intention of re-downloading it and trying again.

However, now the Customize app isn't showing up in the Installer.. is there any way to refresh the list? I noticed as I was downloading each app that it would disappear from the list of apps in Installer so there is obviously some way it is remembering what you've downloaded. How do I re-download Customize?

go to installer and then go to sources then click refresh

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
So I sftp'd to my touch and deleted the Customize folders (that's how I hope you're supposed to delete it, anyway) with the intention of re-downloading it and trying again.

However, now the Customize app isn't showing up in the Installer.

That's because Installer doesn't know you SSH'd into your phone to remove Customize...it thinks you still have it. You're supposed to uninstall via Installer.

Just reinstall it manually. You can get it here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.