Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
All of a sudden two of the three usb ports aren't working on my brand new imac. apple's quality has become so poor i'm very pissed.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
All of a sudden two of the three usb ports aren't working on my brand new imac. apple's quality has become so poor i'm very pissed.

How, pray tell are they supposed to know your ports would go bad after time? Divine Intervention?

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
How, pray tell are they supposed to know your ports would go bad after time? Divine Intervention?

when i said it was brand new i meant brand new it's one week old. They test are supposed to test these no, and it isn't one its two.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
when i said it was brand new i meant brand new it's one week old. They test are supposed to test these no, and it isn't one its two.

All the tests are supposed to do is test that they function before the Mac goes out the door. The tests have no way to test for future failure.

That's like Ford having a way to test that their cruise control modules don't go up in flames and take the car with it. They don't! Which is why they are recalling like 600,000 cars and trucks.

paulr

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2007
Having Same Problem - USB Ports not working

Since I got my new iMac (less than 1 month ago)...

2 iPods stopped working entirely
3 powered USB hubs not recognized
3 card readers - not recognized
Oh - and now the keyboard and mouse not recognized - making my brand new shiny iMac one beautiful paperweight...

Apple Care - Hardly! Keep getting disconnected, incredibly long waits...

I am going to have to take a day of work to hopefully reach a live person...who will probably then blame something else...

HELP!!!!!

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
Since I got my new iMac (less than 1 month ago)...

2 iPods stopped working entirely
3 powered USB hubs not recognized
3 card readers - not recognized
Oh - and now the keyboard and mouse not recognized - making my brand new shiny iMac one beautiful paperweight...

Apple Care - Hardly! Keep getting disconnected, incredibly long waits...

I am going to have to take a day of work to hopefully reach a live person...who will probably then blame something else...
f
HELP!!!!!

See this is what I'm talking about. I use macs so I don't have to spend time dealing with cr*p like this. As to your problem I called and the best thing to do is make an appt at and apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.