Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I definitely give it a try. The blueberry, cherry, or chicken to hamburger sound like a delicious combination. For now I would say no on the prunes. One place that the prunes would have a benefical use is for the elderly! It's a great natural laxative!

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Fortunately, the article does say "Because prunes are such a small part of burgers made with them, there is little of the laxative effect for which prunes are known." Good thing too! Can you imagine the combination of a prune-enhanced burger with chips made with Olestra? eep! :eek:

On another note, didn't various Native American tribes do much the same thing? Pemmican, I think it was called? Or am I thinking of something else?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by applemacdude
Only Berry flavored burgers. Awh...What about Apple Flavored burgers? Anyone want a Green Apple Burger?

I think that I would prefer a Red Apple Burger!

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Mango Burger, whe have lots of thouse around here. We have mango juice, mango cream, mango pae, mango icecream but a burger... lets see.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
But the real question has yet to be answered...

Is it Blue After cooking?

Then I would eat it, if it aint blue, I'm gonna need some real convinsing more then 'its healthy'

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Hmmm..I like hamburgers, and I like blueberries. Yea I will give it a try. I would like to see how much healthier it's going to be. Since the hamburger is near the bottom of the healthy scale, adding just about anything would probably make it a little more healthy.

As someone mentioned before, it all comes down to the taste. If this works, can hamburger flavored blueberries be far behind? :)

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
Chalk me up as one more who'll give it a try. You can probably do a sort-of test run now - get some blueberry preserves and spread it on the burger. Or just knead it into the meat if you make your own. mmm...blueburger...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by MrMacman
But the real question has yet to be answered...

Is it Blue After cooking?

Then I would eat it, if it aint blue, I'm gonna need some real convinsing more then 'its healthy'

The hamburger turning blue would defintely depend on the number of blueberries added. My preference would be for the hamburger to be veggie or chicken with a 50% mixture. Just to make it healthy. For the purists beef with the 50% mixture, could be advertised as a healty alternative!

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
I heard this on the news. First off your burger is the same color after cooking. I think they also said you wouldn't taste the blueberries.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by NavyIntel007
I heard this on the news. First off your burger is the same color after cooking. I think they also said you wouldn't taste the blueberries.

NOOOOooo!!!!

I wanted the blue/purple color and the taste of blueberries.

Originally posted by wdlove
That is disappointing to hear. I love the taste of blueberries! :(

Yeah... me too.

:(

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I read about this the other day...

so a blueberry turkey burger...or even soy...I'd be open to try it for sure...anything for the benefit of health...

I actually thought about it while having a snack of fresh blueberries at work yesterday. :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Taste the same, better for you....

I can't imagine it having the same consistency and taste. I totally see it having the same color.

This is something similar to Wonder Bread or tortillas in Mexico where they've added vitamins and good stuff to a staple so that everyone benefits from better nutrition.

D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
We can call this a "Blueberger." Your choice of beef, chicken, soy, or vegetable! Greater health for the future!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.