Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flipdoubt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2007
I loved the vertical scrolling via the trackpad in Boot Camp 1.4. After upgrading to the Boot Camp 2.0 drivers included with Leopard, it feels like trackpad scrolling is much more sensitive. Does anyone else observe the same thing? Now, when I drag straight down, I sometimes go down then up. Sometimes it scrolls fine, but sometimes it doesn't. It's as if the addition of horizontal scrolling is interpreting previously ignored horizontal deltas into negative vertical deltas.

Any advice?

flipdoubt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Am I the only one who notices this? When I put two fingers down on the trackpad to right-click, it often scrolls the current window whereas I had no problem with this before. Does anyone know how to tweak the sensitivity of the two finger scrolling? I see the Control Panel applet in Vista, but it does not appear to affect the behavior I'm seeing. Is there a driver setting?

milk242

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
i noticed the same thing all I did was turn down sensitivity and it worked for me I tweaked it from the mouse setting in the control panel. Specifically changing the pointer speed

utsavtalwar

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2007
hey
even im having similar issues....changing pointer settings didnt help..
also when i use apple remote to increse/decrease sound volume...it automatically starts wither increasing or decresing respectively on its own if i hit the volume buttons on the remote evn once

please help
cheers
utsav

flipdoubt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Ah, turning the pointer speed down does work for me. I was being silly and kept tweaking the scroll wheel because we're talking about scrolling.

bmzero

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2006
I'm having the same issue, but adjusting the pointer sensitivity has no affect in my case. Have you guys found a fix for this?

Is it possible to roll back to the old driver somehow? I can't seem to find the old driver anywhere.

.brit

bmzero

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2006
I found an extract of the trackpad driver from boot camp 1.4. Installing this completely fixed my issues, but obviously it disables the horizontal scrolling. Good trade off to me.

http://makel.org/blog/28

.brit

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.