Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speedemonV12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Hi guys, I have about 700 pictures that I have synced to my iPhone using iTunes. I lost all those photos off of my computer. How can I get these photos off of my iPhone, and back onto my computer??

Gryfon19

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
I'm pretty sure you can do it using iPhoto. Basically, iPhoto sees the iPhone as a camera and therefore allows you to transfer the pics to your computer.

speedemonV12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
ya, I know that, But I want the photos that I previously syncd to the phone. iPhoto only allows you to import pictures taken with the iphone camera

TheTick

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
You mean in a photo album that you synced up previously? The way your post read, it sounded like they were photos you took with the camera that were still on there.

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2002
Actually, if you go into iphoto and create a new album that has the same name as the old one that is on your iPhone, and then sync... would that work?

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
It's probably not possible using the iPhone normally. As audiored indicated, some shareware app might be able to do it.

But when you sync photos to your iPhone, you get a downsized, downsampled version optimized for the iPhone's screen, so you'll never be able to recover the full original photos from the iPhone.

Other than that, try some recovery software on your computer, I guess (and stop using it until you do).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.