Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
After successfully installing installer.app, i installed a few application. The problem is that those applications have now occupied all the space in my home screen (springboard) and i cannot see my installer icon anymore. How do I access the installer again?! .. so i can remove the applications or atleast install a launcher or a new version of springboard so i can scroll through the installed applications. But to do any of that, i need to access my installer, which i don’t know how to. Please help. Thanks.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
It looks to me like you might have to restore your iphone, that happened to me before so everytime i add 3rd party apps i make sure that finder or dock is one of the first things i install

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha hotong,

There may be a way for you to avoid a restore. Have you installed MobileFinder? If so, can you see the icon? If you can tap the icon, simply navigate to the Applications folder and you can fire up the Installer app from there. If not, Bernie-Mac is right - you'll have to restore your iPhone.

This is what I suggest. Install the Installer app, then BSD subsystem, then SummerBoard. You'll need the BSD subsystem installed for a lot of the other installs, and SummerBoard allows for scrolling of the SpringBoard (the main iPhone screen), just like scrolling Contacts, Settings, etc... It also allows the chosen background to display behind the iPhone icons.

HawaiiMacAddict

otiskunn

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
I had a same problem but sorted out

Hi,

I had a same problem.. that downloaded too many applications, couldn't find the installer application on homescreen.

Try this site and download linked application.. you can install "installer" again.. and remove applications that you don't need.

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

Good luck :)

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
if you installed ssh,

(i dont know if this will work, but its just an idea)

ahong003

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
Installer icon pushed off the screen, need help!

I'm currently using 1.1.1, and I have the main screen scrolling, so I'm not the one with the problem.

My cousin has an older OS (I believe 1.0.2?) And she got app crazy and started installing a bunch of stuff. Problem is, she pushed her installer icon off the front screen. She doesn't have summerboard installed, and I don't believe she has anything else isntalled that allows for app launching. (IE Launcher).

She has had her iphone jailbroken and possibly unlocked since she got it, my aunt got it for her as a gift. However, she was told not to update it on itunes, ever, because apparently they have a work around and she is not paying for the full iPhone data plan. I think she may be paying for the cheaper generic data plan that is not iPhone specific, as she does not have access to Visual Voicemail.

Is there anyway she can get installer back? Mabye, someway to uninstall apps other than installer? Or someway to get summerboard onto her phone, or launcher even, without installer? She can NOT update, and I can't think of any other work around right now.

Help!

ajl917

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Either use Dock to open up Installer or you could use iPhoneBrowser to delete some apps, then get installer back, then install Dock to solve these problems...

ansonwong

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
Hey..Need help on iphone

Hi..I am from Malaysia.
I just bought an Iphone a couple of months back.
Yesterday, i manage to DOWNLOAD and INSTALL a couple of games back in the IPHONE.
For some reason, the installer was PUSHED away and it don't appear anymore in my screen. I was wondering if anyone can lend me a hand on this thing. I would really thank whoever can help me to solve this problem.

I just want back the INSTALLER to UNINSTALL the STUPID games. I do not have DOCK...RBST??..I am using version 1.1.2..
Really need help on my IPHONE..
URGENT..

Will be most appreciaited if anyone could reply.
If you have the SOFTWARE and SOLUTION..
Pls email me at ansonwong_wl89@hotmail.com

Thank you very much..
Urgent

Anson

Dadeleine

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
Vancouver
Put your finger on any icon (leave it touching, don't remove)....hold it for a couple seconds...when they all wiggle, drag icon to the right and a new screen appears. Fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.