Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
I think its about time we kicked this thread off and leave the 2007 Formula One Thread to the McLaren appeal and the Renault spy case.

So after the first day of testing it is a certain M. Schumacher to beat next season......

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
First off - WELCOME TO THE 2008 F1 Thread!!! :D:D:D

I'm a Michael fan and I'm glad to see him on top of the charts! I wonder if he'll want to come back to beat Ross Brawn from a different team? Or join him at Honda to turn things around there? :eek:

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
First off - WELCOME TO THE 2008 F1 Thread!!! :D:D:D

I'm a Michael fan and I'm glad to see him on top of the charts! I wonder if he'll want to come back to beat Ross Brawn from a different team? Or join him at Honda to turn things around there? :eek:

that's right! he can do it easily. I really wish he'd come back to quickly get his 8th title :D come back Michael!!!

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
It's a good thing I checked, I almost started one myself! ;)

Most drivers find it hard to retire, so I would not rule out a return for Schu, though I wouldn't be surprised if he stays involved in a non-driver role....

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Yeah, he's not going to have a rive next season, but he'll still be there. Test driver?

I am looking forward to Kimi defending his crown as well. First things first though, we need the teams sorted out. Bring on the new look cars. :D

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Will Honda keep their award-winning scheme? :eek::D

Will Renault keep their vomit-inducing one?

Maybe without the *literal* weight of the world on the Honda, it would actually be faster!

First task for Ross - new lightweight livery! ;)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Not bad really, considering he's been retired for over a year, has never driven the F2007 in anger before, nor the revised circuit, and nor with no T/C... and to be only half a second off this years pole time... not too shabby, not too shabby at all. :D

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I cannot wait to see the next season. I watched this one, didn't watch much between 1998 and 2005. Here's hoping!

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
Not bad really, considering he's been retired for over a year, has never driven the F2007 in anger before, nor the revised circuit, and nor with no T/C... and to be only half a second off this years pole time... not too shabby, not too shabby at all. :D

Can't deny he is a great driver, but i enjoyed the '07 season without him... though there were plenty of other things i could have done without.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Not certain, but I believe that's a new (though unofficial) lap record for the revised circuit. :eek: :D

And Schumi recorded the most number of laps as well. I'm thinking he missed the cockpit some.... And fastest for both days! I'd like to see Schumi RACE with Lewis!

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
And Schumi recorded the most number of laps as well. I'm thinking he missed the cockpit some.... And fastest for both days! I'd like to see Schumi RACE with Lewis!

Lewis doesn't even get mentioned in the same breath, not yet anyway and he will have to go some to even come close.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Will running on slick rubber make a huge difference (apart from the looks?). There is only one manufacturer now so it will basically be a control tyre. They could give the grooved tyre far more grip than a slick. To see real benefits you need 2 - 3 manufacturers at least.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
I remember reading a story about Ferrari testing with GP2 slick tyres, and the lap times went down quite considerably. I can't for the life of me find it though.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I remember reading a story about Ferrari testing with GP2 slick tyres, and the lap times went down quite considerably. I can't for the life of me find it though.

I think it was at Monza last year (2006), in an FIA approved test to see it'd contribute to an improvement in the racing.

In the meanwhile...

Schumacher to test again at Jerez.

First no driver aids, now some slicks. Schumi for 2008 WDC! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.