Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aygie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Hi everyone

Does anyone know if this possible? I was on my PS3 today and connected my iphone via the USB (i've ipods can connect and transfer music).

Funny enough the iphone started charging (which was nice!) but nothing showed up on the PS3 menu. I went into Accessory Settings>Audio Device Settings and it said iphone!

So it does recognize it but the iphone just won't show up on the PS3 XMB.

Anyone have any ideas? :)

aygie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Well what would you like to do? Theres no way you can sync it from the PS3, just charge it.

hi, thanks for the reply! no, actually i'd like to move music from iphone to my PS3, or (if its possible) play the music from iphone>pS3>my amp. :)

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
The PS3 cannot currently mount the iPhone or iPod touch file system (at least last time I tried with firmware 1.93). Their file systems are different from that of previous iPod devices.

The PS3 will mount an iPod classic (or other pre-6 generation device). However, it still doesn't recognize the directory structure used by iTunes and iPod. Therefore, playback (and copying) is extremely cumbersome as you have to filter through multiple directories with unusual naming schemes.

It's not worth the trouble, IMO. Just get an external drive.

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
hi, thanks for the reply! no, actually i'd like to move music from iphone to my PS3, or (if its possible) play the music from iphone>pS3>my amp. :)

Well I would say its not possible sorry.. you can play music from your iPhone to your TV using the Apple Composite AV Cable, if thats any use..

aygie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
thanks for your help guys! Not a major need, just thought it would have been a nice touch but never mind.

Thanks again. :)

Elite Aaron

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
Oklahoma
Aygie is a n00b. :p

You can't even look at pics. It's very lame.

(It's Aaron from BD.com in case you haven't figured it out yet.)

gliitch

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2009
Thanks dude, looks like a good method. :)

Heh, no problemo, to bad the server only runs for 15mins. There's another app for the iphone which also another server-which is free(no time limit), but it doesn't support UPun at the moment. I hope it comes in handy anyhow. :cool:

gazamic

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
Mocha VNC

If your still wanting to play music/pictures/videos from your laptop to your ps3 with your iPhone theres one way but it doesn't use itunes.

Download Windows Media Player 11 or some other Media server software and set up a media server to your ps3 (look up on google if you dont know how).

Then on your iPhone go to the app store and download Mocha VNC lite.
Then on your laptop download a VNC server (i recommend RealVNC). Look up on google how to link them both up.

Basically Mocha VNC lets you see the screen of the laptop on your iPhone, so you can control windows media player from your iPhone. :)

If you need any help just email me at GaryMichie@Yahoo.co.uk

skynet2012

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2010
To connect your Iphone to your PS3 in a basic way you can use.

"Imedia" from the app store will put your pictures on your PS3 (for free too)

For videos you might be able to use something like the “VideoVault” or some app like it.
You then can use your internet browser on your PS3 to stream the newly uploaded films using your iphone as a WIFI-SYNC . (This is a bit unconventional and it will not work for your general videos stored on you iPod it will only work for ones newly uploaded (through the wifi-sync app)

suadi

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2010
ps3

If u have iphone firmware unlocked 3.1.2 and install internet tethering , maybe u can give the ps3 wifi internet, lol im just throwing idea here...

astate

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2010
Since the ps3 detects the iphone in audio device settings under input, is it possible to use the iphone to talk to people online? If it reads it like that then there has to be a way, right? I would like to do it like that instead of having to buy a bluetooth piece.

sauvage7

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2010
WeBe++ 1.1, with this app you can control your PS3

WeBe++ 1.1

iPhone App WeBe++ 1.1 update in Cydia adds PS3 buttons & arrow keys to the Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard. Also for Apple TV! http://bit.ly/g30N0p

Regards

Gabe

Briceitouch&ps3

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2011
sync music to ps3

You can download airmusic from the app store you can run the app as a media server for your ps3, xbox 360, or computer as long as its operating system is windows 7 and go through and play music from your idevice to your ps3, xbox 360, or computer! if that is anyhelp!

Avzone

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2004
U.k
Hi everyone

Does anyone know if this possible? I was on my PS3 today and connected my iphone via the USB (i've ipods can connect and transfer music).

Funny enough the iphone started charging (which was nice!) but nothing showed up on the PS3 menu. I went into Accessory Settings>Audio Device Settings and it said iphone!

[doublepost=1451964487,1451964444][/doublepost]Just use imediashare app.

llllYNGDMNDllll

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2021
Hi everyone

The bigger question is how can you use it as a mic though because I got the same thing but I'm trying to figure out if I can use it as a mic ? to talk to players on it. Since my ps4 controller let's me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.