Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

broncopde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Conway, AR
Ok, I've noticed that my iPod touch has a little circle (looks like it would be an led indicator or something similar) on the left side of the top black border around the screen. Is this normal? Does everyone's have this? I am obviously wondering if mine is defective. FWIW, it's a week 38er. Anyways, is this normal?

broncopde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Conway, AR
Lil lines?

Well it looks like a empty space in the blackness. It is a perfect circle. It really does look like a LED light indicator.

AppleMatt389

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Australia
Listen to the question people, it's in the black border around the screen. It's the ambient light sensor, been asked a few times on the forums. Nothing to worry about.

:apple:Matt

solyd

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
People should take a look at the manual. At least know about the thing you just paid $300-$400 for!

broncopde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Conway, AR
People should take a look at the manual. At least know about the thing you just paid $300-$400 for!

I read the manual but didn't see anything about it, so I figured maybe I could gather some insight through asking here. Thanks for the assistance, AppleMatt389.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
It's the light detector. That is used to detect the amount of light so you can adjust the change of brightness (if you have that setting enabled). Listen to Apple Matt, don't just find reasons to think your iPod is bad... there are enough of those people already, we don't need more!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.