Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
This thread is the entry point for the MacRumors Nike+ Running Challenges. It can be called the MacRumors 'running club' ;) Everyone is welcome! Perhaps there will be a new product from Apple in the future called iRun or :apple: Run:rolleyes:

The idea behind this came with the Nike+ product and great forum members in LikeTom and DoctorQ. This is the place where anyone in our 'little' community can participate and virtually run with the members here.

Each month we create challenges and have members of this forum sign up for motivation, competition, love of running or just for fun. There are challenges for total distance, age breakdowns for distance, average distance (so some others have a chance), and race challenges (1 mi, 5k, and 10K) - you can sign up for which ever ones you would like and will be invited to participate each month.

Click here to see the community's milestones!

The history of the challenges can be seen here:

Each month a new thread will start and be added to this list as an entry point for discussion. I hope the membership continues to grow so we can have all of the members here one day joining us and trying to stay fit (I mean you know that computer folks have a rap about the shape they are in :p ). Let's buck the trends and have some fun and get moving.

Anyone interested in joining can PM me or ask within a monthly thread. Any general questions about the events or ideas can be done here.

Keep running - or start running or walking for that matter - everyone is welcome.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
In place of it being non-sticky, participants could put it in their signature lines. :) Hopefully get more challangers.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
*sinks down even further into chair*

:eek: :eek:

I don't think he was trying to belittle you - it was a little confusing if you're not familiar with what the subject is.

But like twoodcc says - it's a good reason to go get the iPod Nano and Nike+ kit. I got them after the challenges here got started, and I love it.

BTW - you don't need the Nike shoes - you can just attach the Nike+ sensor to your existing running shoes using any number of methods, including commercially available holders.

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
I don't think he was trying to belittle you - it was a little confusing if you're not familiar with what the subject is.
True emw, I wasn't trying to belittle him at all. Just laughed because the subject was about Nike+ and he doesn't have the sensor, much less the iPod. It was just humorous to me, lol, sorry. Didn't mean to criticize at all.
BTW - you don't need the Nike shoes - you can just attach the Nike+ sensor to your existing running shoes using any number of methods, including commercially available holders.
Exactly. I have the Asics Gel-Nimbus VIII's and use the Marware case for carrying my sensor and it works just great!

lawalsey

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
hey Ziwi. I'd like to join. really good idea. I'm also officially a Nike+ superuser and i weas invited to Nike HQ in Holland earlier this year to test new products and participate in focus groups. i could upload pics if anyone's interested.

Nike ID: Chief Lawal

p.s. is any one in the Uk going to the Nike+ event in Battersea Park on saturday?

Applespider

macrumors G4
p.s. is any one in the Uk going to the Nike+ event in Battersea Park on saturday?

No... I don't know anyone fast enough to make it into the top 1000. Saw the sign at the Nikestore a few weeks back but was surprised that it never popped up on the Nike+ website. I think I knew more about the SF Women's Half Marathon than a local event which was sad.

Sounds impressive to be a superuser - so can we tell you what added features we'd like before you go visit again? My personal wishlist includes settings for indoors (treadmill) and outdoors so I can track which is which more easily.

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
hey Ziwi. I'd like to join. really good idea. I'm also officially a Nike+ superuser and i weas invited to Nike HQ in Holland earlier this year to test new products and participate in focus groups. i could upload pics if anyone's interested.

Is that a proper nike+ id? I will try it...let me know...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong

nice to have you aboard ;)

and i would love to see some pics :)

that's awesome that you're a superuser. i was very happy to see that nike contacted me about my nike+ story, and glad to have them send me a nice armband for free (1000+).

lawalsey

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
No... I don't know anyone fast enough to make it into the top 1000. Saw the sign at the Nikestore a few weeks back but was surprised that it never popped up on the Nike+ website. I think I knew more about the SF Women's Half Marathon than a local event which was sad.

Sounds impressive to be a superuser - so can we tell you what added features we'd like before you go visit again? My personal wishlist includes settings for indoors (treadmill) and outdoors so I can track which is which more easily.

I got an email for a Nike+ supersonic VIP invite and i can take a guest. i'm not running...

I don't know when the next meet up is but yeah. At the last one Nike where really trying to hit the social networking market and learn through forums like this one. I agree with the teadmill and outdoor comment. i find i run faster on a treadmill. By the way we where chosen as Super users by our demographic rather than mileage we've run... just mentioning that because some forum users on the Nike+ site got a bit angry when they weren't chosen in relation to the miles thay had run.

pics to come...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I got an email for a Nike+ supersonic VIP invite and i can take a guest. i'm not running...

I don't know when the next meet up is but yeah. At the last one Nike where really trying to hit the social networking market and learn through forums like this one. I agree with the teadmill and outdoor comment. i find i run faster on a treadmill. By the way we where chosen as Super users by our demographic rather than mileage we've run... just mentioning that because some forum users on the Nike+ site got a bit angry when they weren't chosen in relation to the miles thay had run.

pics to come...

that's still awesome that you got picked though.

looking forward to the pics :)

also, do you know if any new nike+ products/software is coming out soon? (sorry, but i had to ask)

mr.corp

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
Trying to get into 250,000 mile club

How would I get into that group, I clicked join but it does not appear under my active challenges. Can you add me Nike+ username is Mr.Corp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.