Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
what is the font that spells out ipod on this
1130-back.jpg

I think Myriad pro Semi-bold,, do any of you know how to put this font on Gimp?

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
Garamond italic!

Garamond matches pretty well. I don't think Century does though. It isn't curly enough for some letters (eg lowercase f or u). Georgia and Hoefler are close (I think). Does knowing that these drawings were done around 1858 help at all? Obviously, there were fewer available fonts then.

Maclomaniac

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2004
NC
What is this font?

I have wanted to know for awhile what font Pioneer is using in their new ad campaign for their Kuro plasmas:

pioneer_plakat_2.jpg

A similar font is used by the company Philosophy in their marketing and on their website (linked above).

I would love to know where I can buy either one. I used the Whatthefont website and it didn't come up with any close matches.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
I have a friend asking what font this is (Alaska). Someone said it wasn't a font but was created just for his ad. I say it is a font with a black fill and yellow stroke. Does it look familiar to anyone? Thanks!!!

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
I have wanted to know for awhile what font Pioneer is using in their new ad campaign for their Kuro plasmas:

pioneer_plakat_2.jpg

A similar font is used by the company Philosophy in their marketing and on their website (linked above).

I would love to know where I can buy either one. I used the Whatthefont website and it didn't come up with any close matches.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

There is a free one on dafont that is similar. I saw it featured on another site. Not quite the same. Maybe it'll help you find what you are looking for. Good luck!

cuttyfruty.gif

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks TimTheEnchanter! Love that movie BTW. Anyway, I did notice that there are other minor differences too. I'll let this guy know though what font we came up with. Much appreciated!

Hey! You're welcome. Many times in logo design, type gets manipulated (bastardized) I also think it is skewed & condensed quite a bit too.

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2007
Toronto
What font is this?

Anyone know what font his may be? It is a logo from a client for a website I am creating and the file is a low res jpeg that I will need to recreate.

Thanks,

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
Anyone know what font his may be? It is a logo from a client for a website I am creating and the file is a low res jpeg that I will need to recreate.

Thanks,

New York Regular (or possibly Light). Arno Pro Light Display will only let you down on the serifs of the T if you can't get New York, and the client isn't totally anal!

Cheers

Jim

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I had this font installed on my old (dead) powerbook but cannot remember the name of the font for the life of me. Anyone know? Or if not, know one similar? (with bodies forming the letters)

thanks.

View attachment 97264

edit: holy crap I actually found it (searched like a mo-fo on dafont.com) it's "bizaro" (and an incomplete font. darn)

so yeah, nevermind. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.