Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The latest version of iFuntastic 4.7.1 has been released. The iPhone customization/jailbreaking software is now shareware for many of the advanced features. Release notes:

- support for iTunes 7.5
- fixed text display for Leopard
- improved email procedure
- fixed alignment bug for Home Screen backgrounds (thank you Szymon)
- a 'Small Icons' choice for the (advanced) Home Screen
- fixed 'vanishing iPod icon' bug
- a 'News' page for up-to-date info about updates bugs and more
- a 'Make Executable' function in the File Manager item popup menu (thank you Avi and Alberto)
additional tweaks and simplifications based on your valuable feedback - keep it coming!

The latest version of iFuntastic allows users to jailbreak their 1.0.2, 1.1.1, and 1.1.2 iPhones, and also provide other customization options. There are directions on how to Jailbreak a 1.1.2 iPhone, but some may find this solution more convenient.

Article Link

kbrain2929

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
The Ville', KY

The latest version of iFuntastic 4.7.1 has been released. The iPhone customization/jailbreaking software is now shareware for many of the advanced features. Release notes:

- support for iTunes 7.5
- fixed text display for Leopard
- improved email procedure
- fixed alignment bug for Home Screen backgrounds (thank you Szymon)
- a 'Small Icons' choice for the (advanced) Home Screen
- fixed 'vanishing iPod icon' bug
- a 'News' page for up-to-date info about updates bugs and more
- a 'Make Executable' function in the File Manager item popup menu (thank you Avi and Alberto)
additional tweaks and simplifications based on your valuable feedback - keep it coming!

The latest version of iFuntastic allows users to jailbreak their 1.0.2, 1.1.1, and 1.1.2 iPhones, and also provide other customization options. There are directions on how to Jailbreak a 1.1.2 iPhone, but some may find this solution more convenient.

Article Link

Wow! I'm thinking of hacking my iPhone now. Hmmmm..... :) :apple:

onemilkid

macrumors newbie
Can i buy an iPhone at Fifth Avenue today?

Or is there still a problem with the current bootloader version? I heard that the firmware is not the problem, but that Apple did something to the boatloader that prevents all hacks from working.

Dies anybody has news about this?

badtzmaru

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
has anyone received "decompression failed" messages when you try to download the ifuntastic zip file? I tried it on Safari on my mac.

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
Does this allow us to intall 3rd party apps on our 1.1.2 phones [without having to downgrade to 1.1.1 and such]????

-M7-

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2006
If you have a 1.1.1 firmware or lower then unlock is no problem.

If you have a 1.1.2 phone out of the box, you can not SIM unlock at the moment.

Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (this means intall native apps etc) is no problem with out of the box 1.1.2 or updated iphones.

MIXMAN3113

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
If you have a 1.1.1 firmware or lower then unlock is no problem.

If you have a 1.1.2 phone out of the box, you can not SIM unlock at the moment.

Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (this means intall native apps etc) is no problem with out of the box 1.1.2 or updated iphones.
Have you tried, or just going off the specs? I'm looking to get and iphone in a few days and wanna install 3rd party apps on a 1.1.2 out of the box on AT&T.

partyvega

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

if anyone has jailbroken their 1.1.2 iPhone please let us know. I'd like to upgrade mine but want to be sure I won't loose my third party apps. Also how much does the new firmware cost?

SeVeN

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
San Jose
i just updated to 1.1.2 and that iFuntastic says. Your MobileDevice version (2.0.0) is NOT supported !

anyone know what that means?

Bravo

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2007
iFuntastic 4.7.1 didn't work for me. I'm running OS X 10.5, iTunes 7.5, and I had 1.1.2 (updated by accident, long story) installed on my iPhone. I downgraded to 1.1.1 with iFuntastic no problem, but OktoPrep just would not install with InstallerApp. I tried it probably half a dozen times, but it kept crashing and returning to the home screen. So, without OktoPrep, it seems that iFuntastic is worthless regarding a 1.1.2 jailbrake. Bummer too because I've used iFuntastic since its release and it's always worked for me. So, I figured I'd throw them a few bucks this time, and of course this time the program doesn't work. I was able to downgrade all the way back to jailbroken 1.0.2 however. I'd rather run that until a dependable jailbrake turns up for 1.1.2.

Come on hackers, I want all my third party apps back!!

BTW, I've also tried Conceited's jailbrake utility without success. My problem there is that AppSnap won't install from the jailbreakme.com website. I also tried a combination of iFuntastic and Conceited techniques and none were successful.

I probably won't update my iPhone again after I get it back to jailbroken 1.1.2 unless something is released making it really worthwhile, like maybe horizontal texting.

AnotherMortal

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
Baltimore
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

if anyone has jailbroken their 1.1.2 iPhone please let us know. I'd like to upgrade mine but want to be sure I won't loose my third party apps. Also how much does the new firmware cost?

I have jailbroken my 1.1.2 OOB iPhone (US) loosely following this guide: http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15849

There were issues with oktoprep but this seems to have been resolved.

Plumbstone

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Hacked UK 1.1.2 iphone last night with iFuntastic. Works pretty much perfectly. You do need to pay $5 to get the 1.1.2 support from it but it is definitely worth it.

Whole process took about 30 mins as I needed to download all updates etc but would have been a lot quick had I had them already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.