Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdfd504

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Soddy Daisy, TN
I had my fairly new MBP on charge this morning while I was using my computer. I happen to look over at the light on the cord to see if it was done charging and the light was off. I looked to make sure that it was plugged in and it was and then I picked up the new smaller charger and it was too hot to touch. I have unplugged it and I have it in a cool room to see if that will help it but I am worried that it cause more problems down the road. Has anybody else had this problem and I am wondering if I will be able to exchange it?

Jestered

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Austin, Texas
If the adapter is really that hot, you need to call Apple and let them know. They will probably replace it, but you need to let them know that you feel it could be a safety issue (if that is the case).

Call Apple.

sdfd504

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Soddy Daisy, TN
I will be visiting an Apple Store on Wednesday so I would like to swap it out there if possible? I wouldn't think it would matter since it is new and still under warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.