Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

streetsmart1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Hi I am a windows user. F11 gives me full screen with any program. I am using Firefox on a ibook Blueberry it's a laptop and the screen is small. Is there a button I can push to make it go Full Screen? Please tell me Mac users have this feature.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
If you want full screen mode on most Mac apps you need to add it using a utility like mega zoom. Check version tracker to see if megazoomer is ready to be installed on whatever version of OS X you're running.

But do you really need it to be full screen? The menu bar takes up such a tiny amount of usable screen real estate that it really doesn't matter.

edit: here's the link

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/21275/megazoomer

labelreader

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
But do you really need it to be full screen? The menu bar takes up such a tiny amount of usable screen real estate that it really doesn't matter.

Yep, but for a presentation (kiosk, wall monitor, etc), you don't want even that cluttering up your display. Megazoomer worked great, thanks!

edit: I had to switch to Safari from Firefox, though, since Firefox is not Cocoa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.