Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I'm intrigued by the "rapid" charger, which claims to charge twice as fast. My current charger sucks.

arn

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Shouldn't that be renames the top 10 iPhone cases!

I wish manufacturers came up with something more original. I like the look of the PED 3. Would be great for my desk at 'work' so I can watch a TV show or two at lunch.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Can this qualify as 10 "awesome" accessories when more than one is a case? They should cover all aspects of possible accessors. List one case and if need be an arm band since it doesn't completely qualify as a case, one charger, one remote, one dock, etc. On and listing the dock that comes with the phone is a jackass move. ;) They should list another dock that perhaps does something else, like my hair while I sit here and waste time browsing the net.

Just a thought. ;)

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
Re: Jawbone Bluetooth Headset:

It's nice, but I see people with it all the time, and it's too expensive for my budget. I just last night had to get a new Apple headset for my iPhone. If this one farks up like the OEM one, I'mma get the $100 one that does the same thing.

TitoC

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Come on! The iSkin REVO? No thanks. I'll take my Vaja case anyday. Much cooler looking AND it protects the screen as well.

Lame list.

vaja.png

operator207

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2007
This 'list' needs to be renamed to 'Six cases and 4 accessories we liked 5 months ago'.

I tried 2 cases, neither really helped much. (One was a clip style similar to the old blackberries clip holder, the other was a case that clipped to a belt clip) I now carry it in my pocket with a screen protector. Other than my wedding ring putting one small scratch in the back, its fine.

Tazzy531

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Shouldn't that be renames the top 10 iPhone cases!

I wish manufacturers came up with something more original. I like the look of the PED 3. Would be great for my desk at 'work' so I can watch a TV show or two at lunch.

Yeah. Who cares about the skin. I want a iPhone shielded speaker dock!

kupua

macrumors member
May 19, 2005
Duh...

This list SUCKS! Top 10 Ass...essories

Like everyone said above how many cases does 1 iPone need?

TuckBodi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Re: Jawbone Bluetooth Headset:

It's nice, but I see people with it all the time, and it's too expensive for my budget. I just last night had to get a new Apple headset for my iPhone. If this one farks up like the OEM one, I'mma get the $100 one that does the same thing.

Yeah, I was a sucker and got a Jawbone (paid $70) and I have to admit I'm very disappointed. It disconnects from my phone all the time, I never know if on a new call if the headset will be available, noise canceling doesn't work in my Jeep (didn't surprise me but...), the two buttons (and combinations) are hard to remember and push and even with the different ear attachments it still fits loosely in my ear. For $70 I was really hoping for better.

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2007
I actually just ordered the iSkin case from the list....

reading the posts now (after i purchased it), i am having regrets but does anyone have this case?

i believe it is the case that can become loose, but only if you take it off after it is put on...

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
What the heck??? I thought I was reading something that hadn't hit pcmag.com yet. Then I click on the link and see the story was from July. Half those products are probably ancient history by now. ;)

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
I actually just ordered the iSkin case from the list....

reading the posts now (after i purchased it), i am having regrets but does anyone have this case?

i believe it is the case that can become loose, but only if you take it off after it is put on...

I have the iSkin case for my iPhone. It fits great, but I don't use it because I prefer to slip the iPhone into a leather case on my belt, and it won't fit in with the iSkin on.

I also have iSkin cases for a few of my iPods. They're the best of their type.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
they forgot to put the Contour Showcase on this list! its way better than all of the other cases up here. IMHO

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
I definitely like the iSkin Revo a bunch. I like that it comes with the visor to protect the screen...yeah, you need to take it off to use it the screen, but it's great so that you can keep the phone in your pocket with other stuff without worrying about scratching anything.

horrgakx

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2007
UK, North West
With all this talk about Bikin's and Vaja's its all too much... (ROFL)
Have we gone all feminine? There'll be the iBreasts next...

*VAJA case - wow, nearly as much as an iPhone!

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
iPhone cases....

I just slip my iPhone into a leather case on my belt too. I feel a lot more certain it won't accidentally fall off/out onto the ground, this way. I've owned too many cases with "quick release" belt-clips on "form-fitting" skins where the plastic clip wore out, or the post it attaches to snapped off after a while.

Only problem I've had with the case I use is, it's difficult grabbing onto the top of the iPhone to pull it out of the case if it's ringing and I'm not using a headset. I wish they gave you a little more room to grab the sides of the phone or something.....

I have the iSkin case for my iPhone. It fits great, but I don't use it because I prefer to slip the iPhone into a leather case on my belt, and it won't fit in with the iSkin on.

I also have iSkin cases for a few of my iPods. They're the best of their type.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
The list appears a bit heavy on iPhone cases, perhaps. It also looks like the Pogo Stylus didn't quite make the cut.

What is the purpose of a "styles" or piece of plastic. That's the point of the multitouch :rolleyes:
if i saw someone using that i might actually rip the phone from them and throw it...

Paix247

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis
Fastmac.com

Fast Mac has an iPhone headphone extention with microphone and play/pause/skip/answer button for only $14.

My accessories:
Agent 18 Eco shield (LOVE IT!)
Fast Mac iPhone Mic
Sony black earbuds (the short ones, now iPhone compatible!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.