Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I am experiencing some problems with my iPhone, so I need to restore but the only option available in iTunes is "restore and update."
Well, I was planning on jailbreaking once I restored, so updating really isn't an option. I am on 1.1.1, and I would like to restore. Is there any other way to get around the update and still get a restore?????

I am depending on your advice!!! Please, I don't want to update... :(

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
I am experiencing some problems with my iPhone, so I need to restore but the only option available in iTunes is "restore and update."
Well, I was planning on jailbreaking once I restored, so updating really isn't an option. I am on 1.1.1, and I would like to restore. Is there any other way to get around the update and still get a restore?????

I am depending on your advice!!! Please, I don't want to update... :(
really easy download the 1.1.1 firmware if you already have it then on itunes click shift and hold it while you click restore and its going to ask you to choose the file w/e you do dont unzip it itunes will do it :) and enjoy

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
thanks, but where can i download 1.1.1?

Im sure I already have it, as I am currently running on it, but where would that be located?

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
thanks....i dont know what i would do w/out your help.

by the way, i assume ur iphone is hacked, are you on 1.1.1 as well?
I think the reason for my problems was summerboard, but i was wondering if u know...

rotur

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2005
Adelaide
Option not shift

really easy download the 1.1.1 firmware if you already have it then on itunes click shift and hold it while you click restore and its going to ask you to choose the file w/e you do dont unzip it itunes will do it :) and enjoy

You click on option and restore...not shift as previously suggested

sam3020

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
After you jailbreak your 1.1.1 iphone you can install a program on install.app called oktoprep under tweaks 1.1.1 and then do an upgrade to 1.1.2 on iTunes and download the 1.1.2 jailbreak and works perfectly fine. I am running it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.