Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Okay, maybe I'm losing my mind (and my eyesight) but I can't find the chat button on the Apple Store any more. I've checked both the UK and US stores although it seems like neither has the option of staff chat.

Help?

Muzzway

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2007
It's up there in the upper left, in the blue "Apple Store" box, but only when you go to a product page it looks like.

Edit: Although, strangely, sometimes the graphic won't appear for a minute. The link for store chat is still there, though, even if the graphic is not.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 27,627
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,308

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Hmm, I tried clicking the link when the graphic wasn't there and the chat popup 404'd.

Do the chat staff have weekends off me wonders.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Try going onto a product page (I did the iMac) and click around on some of the links in the page. Wait a minute or two and the chat bubble should appear. This is usually how I get it to work.

sharky05

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2007
On the UK help page for the store it says:

"NB: If all our agents are busy the “Chat” button will not be visible."

Chidsuey

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
I'm having the same problem. I've been searching for weeks for the live chat again, and I haven't found it. There's no link in the space that you said you can just click on. Any updates?

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
I just went onto the Mac Pro page and was able to get it to show up in ~10 seconds.

Lordpoole

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2009
Coventry, United kingdom
It's still there

Hi,

The :apple: Store ™ chat is still there, it is in the blue box that has Apple Store and your regions Apple support phone number in it. If you can't see the link, then there is no :apple: experts online. The link is still there but you can't see it . Just search around the end of your region's phone number and you'll find the link. But, sometimes you'll get this:

P.S I WANT AN iPod touch NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW
:apple: ARE GREAT :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

yorkshire

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
UK
I've found it works weekdays until about 7pm, then goes away as they must all be going home. Don't know about weekends.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.