Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rahsten

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Japan
Hi,

I'm using Toast Titanium 8 to burn some AVIs to DVD Video. I have burned about 10 discs like this without a problem in the past few days. However on this recent batch of AVIs I keep receiving a message saying 'Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS error' Result Code = 1852402768

I first tried 3 - 350mb AVIs and the error appeared at 33% of Encoding process. So, I thought maybe there was an error with just one of those AVIs, so I tried the next 3 in the batch to see if they would work. Once again the error appeared at 33% in the encoding process.

Could these files perhaps be coded with something or other that won't allow them to be burned? Does anyone have any other ideas as to what the problem may be? Any and all solutions are welcome!

Oh yeah, here is the Info on the files I'm trying to burn to DVD Video.

Video: DivX 6.0 512x384, 25fps
Audio: MPEG Layer 3 Audio, Stereo, 48000Hz

The other AVIs I successfully burned to Video were the same info, except for 29.97fps rather than 25...but I don't see how that makes any difference...

Thanks for any help. If you anyone would like more info to assess the problem I'd be more than happy to provide it.

:apple:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
You are doing a lot of transcoding. You may be exceeding the 4.7 GB limit of burnable DVDs. Converting from 25 fps to 29.97 fps will add to your file size. If you are burning DVDs intended to be used in any player, then you are burning in MPEG-2 format. MPEG-2 has much less compression than DivX. This means that your files will be substantially larger on DVD than as DivX files. Long story short, you are most likely running out of space.

Rahsten

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Japan
Ok,

That makes sense. I'll try with 2 files rather than 3 and see if that works. It's just odd because I was transcoding 2 - 700mb files to play on one DVD5 and it worked. So, I'm not sure why 3 - 350mb files wouldn't work?

I'll report back with results.

Thanks.

Rahsten

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Japan
With 2 files I have passed the 33% mark that I previously could not during encoding...so, it's looking promising so far. I just wonder why Toast would indicate there is enough room, usually if there isn't the burn icon goes orange or red rather than green.

Alibear1957

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2008
Result Code = 1852402768

Hi,

I'm using Toast Titanium 8 to burn some AVIs to DVD Video. I have burned about 10 discs like this without a problem in the past few days. However on this recent batch of AVIs I keep receiving a message saying 'Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS error' Result Code = 1852402768

I have been getting the above error code when trying to make a DVD from an AVI file and also when trying to make a DVD slide show from JPG's.

I found the Roxio site which suggested a possible cause for Toast 6 was the accidental removal of an image called ocean.psd from the Resources folder within the programme. This file was in the correct location in the Toast 6 folders so I tried making the disk under 6 and everything worked fine.

I then found another instruction about deleting certain files before installing 7. After doing all these I still get the same error code.

It is puzzling why this error code is showing up for different events and reasons within different versions and there is no solution available on the Roxio site.

Any help appreciated.

Mrbill317

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
Hmm

I think that poster is right with the size going to large.

I was having a problem converting a previous pal dvd to avi and then back to dvd. It wouldnt play on hardly any of my dvd players. Im still trying to fix that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.