Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricardo1064

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Anyone have a problem where the keyboard in a macbook pro just stops working? then after hitting the eject key several times it comes back on?!?

matsundinn

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2007
this is a well-known problem for the macbooks and macbook pros after the tiger to leopard switch. if you search it on google, it will give you tips on how to temporarily avoid it but until 10.5.2 (hopefully) there is no fix unless you downgrade to tiger which is what im going to do until the next leopard update is released

hope this helps

ricardo1064

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
this is a well-known problem for the macbooks and macbook pros after the tiger to leopard switch. if you search it on google, it will give you tips on how to temporarily avoid it but until 10.5.2 (hopefully) there is no fix unless you downgrade to tiger which is what im going to do until the next leopard update is released

hope this helps

thanks for the news, although good to know it still sucks...

dbernie41

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Ohio
I just came to post on this very problem. Except I didnt know hitting the eject button a few times would fix it. Does the mouse freeze or get to the point where you can move it but not click anything for you guys as well?

dbernie41

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Ohio
I am now on attempt #3 of trying to create a DVD with iDVD within the past hour and it has completely frozen the past 2 times. The issue you guys are talking about, does just the keyboard freeze or the mouse as well?

matsundinn

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2007
in my experience the keyboard freezes but not the mouse. I've heard people having the problem of their mouse freezing as well but it is unlikely. The keyboard freezes, not the mouse most of the times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.