Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.fred

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Hey.

Is there a way to just start my Transmission download? Its been at 0 bytes for a while now.

Im new to this, do i have to configure anything?

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
There probably aren't any "seeds" (people who have the entire file and are uploading it to others). I have a file in Azureus (another torrent client) that has not been downloading for about three weeks because there are no seeds.

.fred

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Yeah, it has seeds.

Talking about ports, what numbers should it be?

Bernard Bernoul

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2007
Melbourne, Florida
I just kind of picked a port and mapped it in the router. As an example, I think I'm using 56001 or something like that. Just make sure that you've assigned an IP for yourself as opposed to getting one assigned through DHCP. I think I've read that some ports are banned but I really don't know too much about that.

Bernard Bernoul

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2007
Melbourne, Florida
I think I've always had an error when it comes to "automatically mapping" the port. Actually, it got to the point where I started using azureus instead. Did you assign yourself an IP address, etc.?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I do have uPnP turned on for other things but I just mapped the port myself.

Attachments

• Picture 1.JPEG
    Picture 1.JPEG
    63.8 KB · Views: 670

.fred

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Hey, Eldorian!

I don't seem to have the connection pane? And also, when i use that port on yours, it sys port is stealth?

.fred

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Could you guide me on that? Im really stuck here..

Thanks,eldorian.

.fred

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Sorry, but could you give me a step by step guide?

I dont know anything about forwarding and all.. :(

Bernard Bernoul

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2007
Melbourne, Florida
If you check the manufacturers website and look for your model number it should/may provide a step-by-step for port forwarding. It's really not difficult to do but explaining it is another matter. Don't take that the wrong way, basically I just don't feel confident in my "teaching" abilities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.