Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
I accidently washed my Shuffle in a 40 degree wash, so I'm getting an iPod Classic in the next few days after.

The thing that breaks on iPods (for me anyway) is the headphone port. The 3.5MM connector on my headphones twists around in the iPod headphone port and eventually wears the contacts down.

Does anyone know of a protector type device? Something that'll fit snugly in the port that costs less than a replacement iPod? Or a case that has a protector built in?

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Never heard of anything that would do that. Your best bet is to watch where you are twisting your headphone cable. :)

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Never heard of anything that would do that. Your best bet is to watch where you are twisting your headphone cable. :)

Yeah, but look at the monster!

You can get underwater cases that have (obviously) a waterproof 3.5MM input which would do but they're about £50.

Attachments

• Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 34

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Yeah, but look at the monster!

You can get underwater cases that have (obviously) a waterproof 3.5MM input which would do but they're about £50.

Wow, never heard of that either but I guess they are out there somewhere.

What an idiot I am!

A remote control will save the iPod's port being wrecked!

Would you really want to buy a radio remote for the iPod, it's one of the worse products that Apple has ever made. Trust me I have one. :cool:

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Would you really want to buy a radio remote for the iPod, it's one of the worse products that Apple has ever made. Trust me I have one. :cool:

My first iPod (second generation if I recall) had a remote included. And a case. And a cleaning cloth. And a charger.

But the cheap gits at Apple decided to cut costs and not give any of that anyway anymore. So when you buy an iPod and remark at how cheap it is, just think at what they're leaving out...

In an ideal world I'd rather not get one, but I've ordered one. The radio will be handy and so will the remote, but at £35 - it's a bloody rip off!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.