Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildPalms

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2006
Honolulu, HI
I used the nifty "Check if already posted" button and the answer to this did show up.

LOL, good call. There seems to be a flurry of newbies in the forums lately repeating the same questions in new threads. A little bit of searching only takes a few minutes.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
LOL, good call. There seems to be a flurry of newbies in the forums lately repeating the same questions in new threads. A little bit of searching only takes a few minutes.
More like once every 10 seconds...

You're talking to someone that thinks 10 seconds between searches is an eternity.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
Is it possible to use my imac as a display for my xbox and cable tv? If so how could this be achieved? Also i think this cable would help with the xbox....http://www.uk-consoles.co.uk/shop/images/official_xbox_360_vga_hd_av_cable_360.jpg

It's a vga cable with audiojacks

To do this is get a EYETV hybrid unit and that'll be it .. make sure that the unit works with your cable first ..

The unit only can handle 1 external device a time .. So cable on iMac..
There's no way for the vga cable to convert to EYETV unit..

I'm using said unit for Digital Cable going thru my Core Duo Mini.. Any Intel Mac will run the EYETV software excellent...

Just make sure you got enough HDD storage for the video recording .. it's 3.0 GB File per hour

DubOverdose

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2007
To do this is get a EYETV hybrid unit and that'll be it .. make sure that the unit works with your cable first ..

I'm using said unit for Digital Cable going thru my Core Duo Mini.. Any Intel Mac will run the EYETV software excellent...

Just make sure you got enough HDD storage for the video recording .. it's 3.0 GB File per hour
I wouldn't suggest using an EYE TV for video games. There's a delay between when you see stuff and when your xbox is processing that info. This might just be because I'm on a G4 powerbook, but a friend that I think used a MBP said the same thing.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
I wouldn't suggest using an EYE TV for video games. There's a delay between when you see stuff and when your xbox is processing that info. This might just be because I'm on a G4 powerbook, but a friend that I think used a MBP said the same thing.

Tell me where i said use EYE TV for games in my previous post ?

I didn't say that .. I said on game issue: There's no way for the vga cable to convert to EYETV unit

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.