Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodyP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Hey i just installed my windows xp on to the macbook, when im on the windows partion, there is no wireless internet or anything, even when i plug the ethernet cord, the windows partion does not connect to the internet, can anyone post a link to the instructions on how to get on to the internet wirelessly on the windows partion?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Start Menu==>Control Panel==>Network Setup Wizard==>Run though this, normally does the trick.

CodyP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
that does not work, it still does not connect to the internet, and when i put the ethernet cord in, it does not even acknowldge it. i just want to know how to connect to the 802.11

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
OK, have you installed the BootCamp drivers?

When I installed Vista at Christmas it "just worked" certainly with ethernet, for at least a while, I haven't booted into Windows for a while though.

BdON003

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2008
put the Leopard disc in while running windows. It should auto-start and install the drivers. If not, just run the setup file from the disc.

grantywanty

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
Ah Me Too!

Hey guys...

I'm having the same problem.
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

Setting up a network isn't working and there's no little things to connect to a wireless network on the dock/start bar thing.

I'm not sure what disk you're talking about I'm running Mac 10.4.11

If you could help that would be great.

I'm trying to run an application and make it compatible with my friends who are pc users I figured this might work...

Thanks

Squirrelxb

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2009
This is my same situation. I am on one of the black MacBooks running Leopard 10.5.7 and I have partitioned Windows XP with Service Pack 2. It wants me to activate Windows using the internet but I have no wireless internet connection on the partition. Is the above post correct in that I need my Leopard install discs to install the drivers? I am away from my home at the moment and currently do not have them with me. Is this the only option?

grantywanty

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
Yeah when you partition and install XP you don't really get the whole thing on there. You'll need to reboot and insert the install disk to load the drivers.
After that it should all work just fine.

If you can't find the disk you should maybe be able to find them somewhere to download, not sure if that's legal though.

could ask around someone might lend you the disk too?

Squirrelxb

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2009
Yeah when you partition and install XP you don't really get the whole thing on there. You'll need to reboot and insert the install disk to load the drivers.
After that it should all work just fine.

If you can't find the disk you should maybe be able to find them somewhere to download, not sure if that's legal though.

could ask around someone might lend you the disk too?

Ok, thanks. I'll try to find someone to borrow them from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.