Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
as an addition to my recent SE/30 thread, I show you my modified Apple "square" mouse:

I didn't like the fact that the ADB mouse did not have the multi-colored Apple logo on it. It just did not match with the computer and the keyboard... the chance to match the mouse with the computer and the keys finally came when an old LC, which I had ordered on eBay, did not work... I canibalized the poor beaten-up machine and as the last move took out the heart: the small rainbow-apple...

my dad also gave me a second square mouse in exchange for a Kensington ADB-mouse and I could start with my modification (hehe, I now had a working backup incase I would screw the thing up)...

after carefully taking the mice apart and cleaning them up, I took my Dremel and made the existing logo on one of them just slightly deeper and larger with a sharp tip (I had to be careful not to take away too much of the case material...)

comparison backup mouse and the "Dremel'd mouse":

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
after the logo finally fit perfectly into the deepening (which took my some time since I wanted it to look clean), I took some superglue to permanently fix the LC-logo, and voila: here it is, the ADB-mouse mod:

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
That is a good idea I was always curios why Apple put the colored logo on everything but the mouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.